x64 MikTeX installer does not complete downloading of all packages
I have downloaded the MixTeX net installer 64 bit
(setup-2.9.6050-x64.exe dat, with the following setups (and abnormal
early termination result)
* Operation performed on two different machines, one running Windows 7
and the other Windows 10.1 (aka the recent anniversary edition update)
* Option "Download MikTex" > "Complete MikTeX" selected every time
* A different download source selected each time (UK, IE, DE, FR) with
different protocols (HTTP, FTP)
* The same local storage directory selected each time (in my case,
* The Setup/Installation wizard always abnormally terminates with the
following popup windows error message: "The operation could not be
completed for the following reason: Error response from server: 404"
(or Error: file not found, depending on the protocol used).
* The log line points at package lingmacros.tar.lzma in the process of
being downloaded, but no successful download of such package is
flagged afterwards In fact, neither the corresponding downloaded
byte number nor the download speed are indicated in the following
line while a blank line appears in their place. Such blank line is
followed by a singe final log line with message "Error: Error
response from server: 404" (or Error: file not found).
Perhaps there is a bug in the installer (looking for a package that is
not on the server with the expected name). Do you have any suggestion on
how to address the above problem?