Quantcast

upgrade woes | solved

Evan Cooch
So, here is what I ended up doing, and things are now working fine. Your
results may vary:

Working from a clean install using the most recent 64-bit installer, I

1\ applied all the updates (2 sets of them, in sequence), and then

2\ manually installed *all* of the 'package replacements' listed here:
https://miktex.org/alert/package-refactoring-2016-11

Not only doesn't the 'update wizard' remove deprecated packages, but it
didn't install *any* of the newer incarnations, at least on my machine.

Not, what I don't know yet is if I go in and manually delete the
deprecated packages, if this will cause MikTeX to crash and burn.

But, for the moment -- if you apply latest updates, you'll need to
manually install all of the 'replacement packages', as noted above. Took
about 5 minutes or so, but in the end, seems to have done the trick.

Whew...

Re: upgrade woes | solved

Evan Cooch
With a slight addendum. In theory,

Package|miktex-luatex-base|will be replaced by
packages|luatex|,|miktex-luatex|and|tex-ini-files|.

Except that luatex is not an installable packe on any repo I can find
(although miktex-luatex and tex-ini-files are available).