recent update | pst-func breaks

Evan Cooch
I use pst-func for a number of purposes. Latest update seems to break
something -- the pst-func subdirectory is now empty. I even tried
uninstalling using the package manager, and re-installing, and while the
pst-func subdirectory gets created, it's empty.

Re: recent update | pst-func breaks

Ulrike Fischer-2
Am Sun, 12 Mar 2017 20:01:32 -0400 schrieb Evan Cooch:

> I use pst-func for a number of purposes. Latest update seems to break
> something -- the pst-func subdirectory is now empty. I even tried
> uninstalling using the package manager, and re-installing, and while the
> pst-func subdirectory gets created, it's empty.

You can check the properties of a package in the package manager and
if you then see that they are no files in the package: Make a bug
report about the packaging error at
https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs/?source=navbar

On 3/13/2017 6:06 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Sun, 12 Mar 2017 20:01:32 -0400 schrieb Evan Cooch:
>
>> I use pst-func for a number of purposes. Latest update seems to break
>> something -- the pst-func subdirectory is now empty. I even tried
>> uninstalling using the package manager, and re-installing, and while the
>> pst-func subdirectory gets created, it's empty.
> You can check the properties of a package in the package manager and
> if you then see that they are no files in the package: Make a bug
> report about the packaging error at
> https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs/?source=navbar

In fact, I did check, and thats whats puzzling.  Properties suggest all
the required files are there, but....when you try to upgrade, or do a
'fresh install' of this package, nothing gets installed.  So, the files
are there (in theory), but not getting installed.

It isn't a huge deal to download the package from CTAN and simply drag
files into the right subdirectories by hand, and then refresh the
database. But still, there does seem to be a problem....

Am Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:31:59 -0400 schrieb Evan Cooch:

>> You can check the properties of a package in the package manager

> In fact, I did check, and thats whats puzzling.  Properties suggest all
> the required files are there, but....

Did you synchronize the package database? Did you check with the
correct package manager? I certainly see that the newest version of
the  package doesn't install anything.

On 3/13/2017 10:53 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:31:59 -0400 schrieb Evan Cooch:
>

>>> You can check the properties of a package in the package manager
>
>> In fact, I did check, and thats whats puzzling.  Properties suggest all
>> the required files are there, but....
> Did you synchronize the package database?

Yes.

>   Did you check with the
> correct package manager?
Yes.

>   I certainly see that the newest version of
> the  package doesn't install anything.

Same result -- so I ended up doing everything by hand.

Am Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:05:11 -0400 schrieb Evan Cooch:

> Same result -- so I ended up doing everything by hand.

Which means that you leave the task to make a proper bug report to
others.

Re: recent update | pst-func breaks

Evan Cooch
Too literal an interpretation. I'm in the process of filing the bug
report as we speak.