problem with latest update to update wizard...

problem with latest update to update wizard...

Evan Cooch
After first .zipping up my current installation (64-bit MiKTeX under Win
7 Pro), I tried installing the latest bunch of updates (most dated
12/23/2016), starting with the single, selected package (2.9_x64-bin).
Update seemed to go fine -- usually, the next step for these sorts of
'tiered' updates is to install the first updated package, then run the
update wizard again, and install the rest of the updates.

Unfortunately, this isn't working for me -- when I run the 'new and
updated' update wizard, it responds with 'Sorry, but something went
wrong. MiKTeX encountered an internal error'. When I tried running the
wizard from the package manager, same error, but I could dumpy log to
the clip-board (pasted below).

MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: MiKTeX encountered an internal error.
Source: Programs\MiKTeX\PackageManager\MFC\MpmView.cpp
Line: 918
MiKTeX: 2.9
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, Service Pack 1, build 7601
Invokers: explorer
SystemAdmin: no
PowerUser: no
Root0: C:\Users\egc\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
Root1: C:\Users\egc\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.9
Root2: C:\Users\egc\Desktop\egc\text\MikTeX
Root3: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
Root4: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9
UserInstall: C:\Users\egc\Desktop\egc\text\MikTeX
UserConfig: C:\Users\egc\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
UserData: C:\Users\egc\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.9
CommonInstall: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9
CommonConfig: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
CommonData: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9

I get the same error regardless of whatever update wizard option I try
(nearest mirror, most recent mirror, etc).

Any idea what the problem is? In the interim, I've reverted back to the
.zipped version of my install (step 1, above), which works perfectly.

Re: problem with latest update to update wizard...

Bob Tennent-2
 >when I run the 'new and updated' update wizard, it
 >responds with 'Sorry, but something went wrong. MiKTeX
 >encountered an internal error'.

I've had the same experience on a Windows 7 Pro (32 bit) system.

Bob T.

Re: problem with latest update to update wizard...

Ariovaldo V Garcia
The same happened to me (WIN 7  Pro)

Ariovaldo