problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
Dear all,
I installed MiTex 2.9 on my new computer, and now a can't produce any
document which includes a bibliography. I still succeed to work on my old
computer, so I guess the problem is not in latex files themselves, but
something perhaps something in installation/compatabilty to windos doesn't
work. The error notificaion I get is

I couldn't open style file harvard.bst

---line 62 of file myfile.aux

: \bibstyle{harvard

: }

I'm skipping whatever remains of this command

I found no style file---while reading file myfile.aux

(There were 2 error messages)

Sorry, but "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\texify.exe" did not
succeed.

Thank you for any assistance.
Artyom

Re: problem with compilation

Ulrike Fischer-2
Am Mon, 30 May 2016 13:42:06 +0300 schrieb Artyom Jelnov:

> Dear all,
> I installed MiTex 2.9 on my new computer, and now a can't produce any
> document which includes a bibliography. I still succeed to work on my old
> computer, so I guess the problem is not in latex files themselves, but
> something perhaps something in installation/compatabilty to windos doesn't
> work. The error notificaion I get is
>
> I couldn't open style file harvard.bst

You asked this already on tex.sx. What's wrong with the comments you
got there? You obviously don't have harvard.bst, so get it.

Re: problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
Thanks. Where this file should be stored?

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Ulrike Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am Mon, 30 May 2016 13:42:06 +0300 schrieb Artyom Jelnov:
>
> > Dear all,
> > I installed MiTex 2.9 on my new computer, and now a can't produce any
> > document which includes a bibliography. I still succeed to work on my old
> > computer, so I guess the problem is not in latex files themselves, but
> > something perhaps something in installation/compatabilty to windos
> doesn't
> > work. The error notificaion I get is
> >
> > I couldn't open style file harvard.bst
>
> You asked this already on tex.sx. What's wrong with the comments you
> got there? You obviously don't have harvard.bst, so get it.
>

> --
> Ulrike Fischer
> http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

Re: problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
I understand that I need the .bst file. Once I get it, where should it be
stored? In which directory?
Thank you

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Artyom Jelnov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I installed MiTex 2.9 on my new computer, and now a can't produce any
> document which includes a bibliography. I still succeed to work on my old
> computer, so I guess the problem is not in latex files themselves, but
> something perhaps something in installation/compatabilty to windos doesn't
> work. The error notificaion I get is
>
> I couldn't open style file harvard.bst
>
> ---line 62 of file myfile.aux
>
> : \bibstyle{harvard
>
> : }
>
> I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
>
> I found no style file---while reading file myfile.aux
>
> (There were 2 error messages)
>

> Sorry, but "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\texify.exe" did not
> succeed.
>
> Thank you for any assistance.
> Artyom

Re: problem with compilation

William Atwood
Artyom,

Either in the same folder as your input document, or in the place where
MiKTeX always looks for .bst files.  I always store my .bst files in the
same folder that the input files are, in case a later version of the
file does not work with that source.

  Bill

On 30/05/2016 1:53 PM, Artyom Jelnov wrote:

> I understand that I need the .bst file. Once I get it, where should it be
> stored? In which directory?
> Thank you
>
> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Artyom Jelnov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I installed MiTex 2.9 on my new computer, and now a can't produce any
>> document which includes a bibliography. I still succeed to work on my old
>> computer, so I guess the problem is not in latex files themselves, but
>> something perhaps something in installation/compatabilty to windos doesn't
>> work. The error notificaion I get is
>>
>> I couldn't open style file harvard.bst
>>
>> ---line 62 of file myfile.aux
>>
>> : \bibstyle{harvard
>>
>> : }
>>
>> I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
>>
>> I found no style file---while reading file myfile.aux
>>
>> (There were 2 error messages)
>>

>> Sorry, but "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\texify.exe" did not
>> succeed.
>>
>> Thank you for any assistance.
>> Artyom

Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[hidden email]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

Re: problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
Thank you, Bill. Unfortunately, it does not work. Probably there is another
problem...

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 9:11 PM, William Atwood <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Artyom,
>
> Either in the same folder as your input document, or in the place where
> MiKTeX always looks for .bst files.  I always store my .bst files in the
> same folder that the input files are, in case a later version of the
> file does not work with that source.
>
>   Bill
>

> On 30/05/2016 1:53 PM, Artyom Jelnov wrote:
> > I understand that I need the .bst file. Once I get it, where should it be
> > stored? In which directory?
> > Thank you
> >
> > On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Artyom Jelnov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >> I installed MiTex 2.9 on my new computer, and now a can't produce any
> >> document which includes a bibliography. I still succeed to work on my
> old
> >> computer, so I guess the problem is not in latex files themselves, but
> >> something perhaps something in installation/compatabilty to windos
> doesn't
> >> work. The error notificaion I get is
> >>
> >> I couldn't open style file harvard.bst
> >>
> >> ---line 62 of file myfile.aux
> >>
> >> : \bibstyle{harvard
> >>
> >> : }
> >>
> >> I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
> >>
> >> I found no style file---while reading file myfile.aux
> >>
> >> (There were 2 error messages)
> >>

> >> Sorry, but "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\texify.exe" did
> not
> >> succeed.
> >>
> >> Thank you for any assistance.
> >> Artyom

> > What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> > patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are
> > consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
> > J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
> > planning reports.
> https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e

> Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
> Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
> Department of Computer Science
>    and Software Engineering
> Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[hidden email]
> 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
> Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

Re: problem with compilation

Ignasi-2

El 31/05/2016 a les 7:28, Artyom Jelnov ha escrit:
> Thank you, Bill. Unfortunately, it does not work. Probably there is another
> problem...
Which, sadly, we cannot help to solve with this description and information.

Ignasi

---
Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.

Re: problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
It becomes more and more weird...
Now I try to convert to pdf documents without bibliography at all. And I
receive error message (below). Still, these documents were ok on another
computer.
I understand that some files are missed, by why do not MikTex update them?
I installed the basic MikTex from the website, I use Windows 7, so why
doesn't it work?
Thank you for your replies

Artyom

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex.EXE (file mathkerncmssi10): Font mathkerncmssi10 at
600

not found

==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Sorry, but "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\texify.exe" did not
succeed.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/texify.log

You may want to visit the MiKTeX project page, if you need help.

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Ignasi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 31/05/2016 a les 7:28, Artyom Jelnov ha escrit:
> > Thank you, Bill. Unfortunately, it does not work. Probably there is
> another
> > problem...
> Which, sadly, we cannot help to solve with this description and
> information.
>
> Ignasi
>

> ---
> Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

Re: problem with compilation

David Allsopp
Artyom Jelnov wrote:
> It becomes more and more weird...
> Now I try to convert to pdf documents without bibliography at all. And I
> receive error message (below). Still, these documents were ok on another
> computer.
> I understand that some files are missed, by why do not MikTex update them?

A minimal example would help people to help you, rather than having to decipher the problem from a log. In MiKTeX Options, what setting do you have for "Install missing packages on the fly".

For me, running pdftex and typing:

\font\foo=mathkerncmssi10

followed by enter and then

\foo

followed by enter causes a prompt to install the sansmathaccent package. I get the same prompt if I put that in a TeX file and run texify on it.

David

Am Tue, 31 May 2016 09:50:25 +0300 schrieb Artyom Jelnov:

> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.EXE (file mathkerncmssi10): Font mathkerncmssi10 at
> 600
>
> not found

Sounds as if your map-file wasn't updated -- perhaps you have a user
map. Run on a command line

    updmap

Re: problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
For example,this file doesn't work

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:22 AM, David Allsopp <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Artyom Jelnov wrote:
> > It becomes more and more weird...
> > Now I try to convert to pdf documents without bibliography at all. And I
> > receive error message (below). Still, these documents were ok on another
> > computer.
> > I understand that some files are missed, by why do not MikTex update
> them?
>
> A minimal example would help people to help you, rather than having to
> decipher the problem from a log. In MiKTeX Options, what setting do you
> have for "Install missing packages on the fly".
>
> For me, running pdftex and typing:
>
> \font\foo=mathkerncmssi10
>
> followed by enter and then
>
> \foo
>
> followed by enter causes a prompt to install the sansmathaccent package. I
> get the same prompt if I put that in a TeX file and run texify on it.
>

> David

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

Re: problem with compilation

Artyom Jelnov
Dear all,
Thank you for all advises you gave. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
I found on my hard disk the old installation file of MikTex, some old
version, and installed it. And that solved the problem. It's not an optimal
solution, but at least I can work on my documents.
It strengthen a suspect that something is wrong with the new version which
is published on the website.

Best,
Artyom

Am Tue, 31 May 2016 13:56:02 +0300 schrieb Artyom Jelnov:

> It strengthen a suspect that something is wrong with the new version which
> is published on the website.

No, it is much more probable that something is wrong with your
maintenance of the system. The font works fine on my system.

Also your error is well known and the solution too:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/64147/beamer-over-miktex-2-9-is-not-working-with-math-environment

See http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/108490/2388 for tips how to
maintain a miktex system.