pdflatex error: pdflatex.exe(file mathkerncmssi8): Font mathkerncmssi8 not found

pdflatex error: pdflatex.exe(file mathkerncmssi8): Font mathkerncmssi8 not found

Sang-Sub Lee

I am an inexperienced latex user and try to create presentation file with beamer for the first time.

But I am having issues with running beamer files from TeXnicCenter.

For example, I got the following error message in one run:

Trying to make PK font mathkerncssi8 at 600DPI..

The METFAONT mod is : ljfour

Running miktex-makemf.exe..

Sorry, but miktex-makemf did not succeed for the following  reason:

The mathkerncssi source file could not be found.

Running miktex-makepk.exe...

sorry, but miktex-mkepk did not succeed because PK font mathkerncmssi8 could not be created.

Fatal Error occurred. No output pdf file produced!

Other  experiments also give similar error messages: complaining about  "mathkerncssi source file?" could not be found!!

Any help will be appreciated.

Sam

Re: pdflatex error: pdflatex.exe(file mathkerncmssi8): Font mathkerncmssi8 not found

Andrei Malokostov
Dear Sam,

It is very difficult to guess what happens without looking into your TeX
file. Could you send it?

Yours,
Andrei Malokostov

Am Mon, 3 Jul 2017 18:30:35 +0000 schrieb Sang-Sub Lee:

> Trying to make PK font mathkerncssi8 at 600DPI..

Run on a command line (as normal user) the command

    updmap