(no subject)

hz hzmonte
No, I did not post the duplicate message.  I can see both were time-stamped 17:59:55.  When I checked the message list https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/mailman/search/?q=xp&limit=25&sort=posted_date+asc&page=29 this morning, actually I saw only one copy.  I don't know why there is now a second copy.
I just feel that it is too early and convenient to conclude that it must be the fault of "someting" on one's system when somebody else can run the program on his/her own similar system.

Re: (no subject)

David Allsopp
hz hzmonte wrote:
> No, I did not post the duplicate message.  I can see both were time-
> stamped 17:59:55.  When I checked the message list
> https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/mailman/search/?q=xp&limit=25&sort=posted
> _date+asc&page=29 this morning, actually I saw only one copy.  I don't
> know why there is now a second copy.

One is time-stamped 07:59:04 and the other 17:59:55 but that's largely moot if you didn't knowingly send the second. If, heaven forfend, you're using that same Windows XP installation for the emailing too, maybe it's an artefact of that ;o)

> I just feel that it is too early and convenient to conclude that it must
> be the fault of "someting" on one's system when somebody else can run the
> program on his/her own similar system.

Convenience is nothing to do with it - you're using an unsupported operating system. I've granted you the knowledge that it does work under a given configuration of Windows XP (if MiKTeX were clearly broken on all Windows XP installations, it would be worth amending the documentation to say so). Your mileage may vary, but at least it may be worth carrying on trying...

David