miktex-update_admin.exe error

Jeff E. Lewis
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\miktex-update_admin.exe Windows
8.1 generates message:

Windows API Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified

Seams to version installed Saturday, ?January ?09, ?2016, ??9:12:53 PM

which has been been used to update several times.

miktex-update.exe seems to work (I am the only user.

Prof. Jeff E. Lewis
Professor of Mathematics, Emeritus
Honors College Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Emeritus
Tel: Home (preferred): +1-312-421-4394, TrustFax: +1-866-571-9921
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.math.uic.edu/~jlewis/

Re: miktex-update_admin.exe error

Mark Yagnatinsky
Hm, Does everything else seem to work okay?  (Like, can you still compile
your documents?)
Also, maybe try asking at tex.stackexchange.org.  They have wizards there.

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Jeff E. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\miktex-update_admin.exe Windows
> 8.1 generates message:
>

> Windows API Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified
>
> Seams to version installed Saturday, ?January ?09, ?2016, ??9:12:53 PM
>
> which has been been used to update several times.
>
> miktex-update.exe seems to work (I am the only user.
>
> Prof. Jeff E. Lewis
> Professor of Mathematics, Emeritus
> Honors College Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Emeritus
> Tel: Home (preferred): +1-312-421-4394, TrustFax: +1-866-571-9921
> e-mail: [hidden email]
> http://www.math.uic.edu/~jlewis/

Re: miktex-update_admin.exe error

Ulrike Fischer-2
Am Mon, 4 Jul 2016 23:48:30 -0400 schrieb Mark Yagnatinsky:

> Also, maybe try asking at tex.stackexchange.org.  They have
> wizards there.

The wizards at tex.SX are here too. But without more information it
is not possible to help. It would be better to make a trace
(http://www.miktex.org/diagnosing) to find out which file can not be
found. It would be also interesting to know if the package manager
works and if the repository has been synchronized.