Quantcast

kpathsea header file

Vincent Torri
Hello

I have installed miktex 2.9. I am searching for kpathsea header file (and
if possible import library). As far as I can see, the is only a DLL
(MiKTeX209-kpathsea.dll which is in PATH).

Is there a package to install to have these development files ? Or else the
only solution is to load in memory the DLL and retrieve the address of the
functions I want (LoadLibrary + GetProcAddress) ?

thank you

Vincent Torri

Re: kpathsea header file

Vincent Torri
hello

does someone have an answer to this question, please ?

Vincent Torri

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have installed miktex 2.9. I am searching for kpathsea header file (and if
> possible import library). As far as I can see, the is only a DLL
> (MiKTeX209-kpathsea.dll which is in PATH).
>
> Is there a package to install to have these development files ? Or else the
> only solution is to load in memory the DLL and retrieve the address of the
> functions I want (LoadLibrary + GetProcAddress) ?
>
> thank you
>
> Vincent Torri

Re: kpathsea header file

Siep Kroonenberg
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 01:29:04PM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> hello
>
> does someone have an answer to this question, please ?
>
> Vincent Torri

Well, you could download the miktex source tar from
CTAN/systems/win32/miktex/source/ and look inside.

--
Siep Kroonenberg

Re: kpathsea header file

Vincent Torri
Hello

What I want is the header file and the import library from the MiKTeX
installer (i've already checked the MiKTeX source and i've seen the
code, but it's not sufficient for me), so that i can link my prog
against the kpathsea library

Vincent Torri

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Siep Kroonenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 01:29:04PM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> does someone have an answer to this question, please ?
>>
>> Vincent Torri
>
> Well, you could download the miktex source tar from
> CTAN/systems/win32/miktex/source/ and look inside.
>
> --
> Siep Kroonenberg

Re: kpathsea header file

Christian Schenk
On 5/30/2016 6:28 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hello
>
> What I want is the header file and the import library from the MiKTeX
> installer (i've already checked the MiKTeX source and i've seen the
> code, but it's not sufficient for me), so that i can link my prog
> against the kpathsea library

The import library is not a part of the MiKTeX installer. You can build
the library with Visual Studio 2015, if you want to link against the DLL.

Please note that MiKTeX209-kpathsea.dll is an emulation layer. Maybe the
full kpathsea library (part of TeX Live for Win32) is what you are
really looking for?

Re: kpathsea header file

Vincent Torri
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Christian Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/30/2016 6:28 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> What I want is the header file and the import library from the MiKTeX
>> installer (i've already checked the MiKTeX source and i've seen the
>> code, but it's not sufficient for me), so that i can link my prog
>> against the kpathsea library
>
> The import library is not a part of the MiKTeX installer. You can build
> the library with Visual Studio 2015, if you want to link against the DLL.
>
> Please note that MiKTeX209-kpathsea.dll is an emulation layer. Maybe the
> full kpathsea library (part of TeX Live for Win32) is what you are
> really looking for?

is it possible to load the MiKTeX209-kpathsea.dll file and get the
functions in it (LoadLibrary + GetProcAdress) ? Will it work ? (I know
that the functions are prefixed with "miktex_")

thank you

Vincent Torri