installing graphicx

Mack Elrod
I have been successfully using

\input graphicx

followed later by

\includegraphics[scale=0.81]{Prob2a.png}

I found it necessary to reinstall MiKTeX and did so on my 64 bit Windows
10 desktop. This was successful. I then ran the update code and this was
also successful. Now the \input graphics line opens the package manager
which I point to the math.washington.edu mirror. The Package
Installation widget reports that graphicx is part of graphics-pln and
will be installed. The following messages are written to miktex-pdetex.log:

2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Unknown MiKTeX exception.
2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Info: =""
2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Source:
2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Line: 0

Your help will be appreciated,

Mack Elrod

--
program (pro'-gram) (n) A magic spell cast over a computer
allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.

Re: installing graphicx

Aradenatorix Veckhôm Awecaelus
Why so you need to reinstall full MikTeX instead of simple update packages
and synchronize them?​

Re: installing graphicx

Mack Elrod
In hindsight I probably did not. But having taken that step, I now need
to be able to

\input graphicx

texworks does not seem to be able to get that installed.

Regards,
Mack Elrod

On 10/23/16 10:14 AM, Aradenatorix Veckhôm Awecaelus wrote:
> Why so you need to reinstall full MikTeX instead of simple update packages
> and synchronize them?​

program (pro'-gram) (n) A magic spell cast over a computer
allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
--
McLowery "Mack" Elrod
145 Cedar Creek Dr.
Athens, Georgia  30605
cell: 706-351-1444

Re: installing graphicx

Denis José Navas Vega
Mark,

If I remember correctly, \input{} is used to read an external file on
your disk to add text or some commands. To use graphicx you may look
on menu MikTeX / Maintenance / Package Manager which launch a package
manager where you can locate graphicx and mark it to download, install
AND actualize MiKTeX indices. The last process is vital to locate the
new files at compilation time.

> I have been successfully using
>
> \input graphicx
>

> followed later by
>

> \includegraphics[scale=0.81]{Prob2a.png}
>

> I found it necessary to reinstall MiKTeX and did so on my 64 bit Windows
> 10 desktop. This was successful. I then ran the update code and this was
> also successful. Now the \input graphics line opens the package manager
> which I point to the math.washington.edu mirror. The Package
> Installation widget reports that graphicx is part of graphics-pln and
> will be installed. The following messages are written to miktex-pdetex.log:
>

> 2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Unknown MiKTeX exception.
> 2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Info: =""
> 2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Source:
> 2016-10-22 20:33:17,172-0400 FATAL miktex-pdftex - Line: 0
>

> Your help will be appreciated,
>
> Mack Elrod
>

> --
> program (pro'-gram) (n) A magic spell cast over a computer
> allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
> --
> McLowery "Mack" Elrod
> 145 Cedar Creek Dr.
> Athens, Georgia  30605
> cell: 706-351-1444

Deseándole bendiciones de Dios,

Denis J Navas
☎ Claro      +505 8357-0296
☎ Movistar +505 8899-8252

Re: installing graphicx

juan tolosa
If you use plain TeX, use \input. If you use LaTeX, use \includepackage

Juan

________________________________
In hindsight I probably did not. But having taken that step, I now need
to be able to

\input graphicx

texworks does not seem to be able to get that installed.

Regards,
Mack Elrod

On 10/23/16 10:14 AM, Aradenatorix Veckhôm Awecaelus wrote:
> Why so you need to reinstall full MikTeX instead of simple update packages
> and synchronize them?
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters<http://sdm.link/slashdot>
sdm.link
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters. Timely news source for technology related news with a heavy slant towards Linux and Open Source issues.

program (pro'-gram) (n) A magic spell cast over a computer
allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
--
McLowery "Mack" Elrod
145 Cedar Creek Dr.
Athens, Georgia  30605
cell: 706-351-1444

Re: installing graphicx

Shawn Way-4
Actually,

\usepackage{graphicx} instead of \includepackage (this command doesn't exist in LaTeX)

This will now allow you to use

\includegraphics[width=.5in]{blt.pdf}

Shawn Way, PE

If you use plain TeX, use \input. If you use LaTeX, use \includepackage

Juan

________________________________
In hindsight I probably did not. But having taken that step, I now need to be able to

\input graphicx

texworks does not seem to be able to get that installed.

Regards,
Mack Elrod

On 10/23/16 10:14 AM, Aradenatorix Veckhôm Awecaelus wrote:
> Why so you need to reinstall full MikTeX instead of simple update
> packages and synchronize them?
> -------- Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's
> most engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters<http://sdm.link/slashdot> sdm.link
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters. Timely news source for technology related news with a heavy slant towards Linux and Open Source issues.

program (pro'-gram) (n) A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
--
McLowery "Mack" Elrod
145 Cedar Creek Dr.
Athens, Georgia  30605
cell: 706-351-1444

Re: installing graphicx

Thompson,Paul-2
General instructions for graphics:

http://ctan.math.washington.edu/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf

If you use plain TeX, use \input. If you use LaTeX, use \includepackage

Juan

________________________________
In hindsight I probably did not. But having taken that step, I now need to be able to

\input graphicx

texworks does not seem to be able to get that installed.

Regards,
Mack Elrod

On 10/23/16 10:14 AM, Aradenatorix Veckhôm Awecaelus wrote:
> Why so you need to reinstall full MikTeX instead of simple update
> packages and synchronize them?
> -------- Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's
> most engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters<http://sdm.link/slashdot> sdm.link
Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters. Timely news source for technology related news with a heavy slant towards Linux and Open Source issues.

program (pro'-gram) (n) A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
--
McLowery "Mack" Elrod
145 Cedar Creek Dr.
Athens, Georgia  30605
cell: 706-351-1444

privileged and confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.

Re: installing graphicx

Siep Kroonenberg
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 08:32:14PM +0000, Thompson,Paul wrote:
> General instructions for graphics:
>
> http://ctan.math.washington.edu/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf

This is very old.

Check the CTAN catalogue a
http://mirror.ctan.org/help/Catalogue/brief.html for the package
grfguide, which is the official documentation for the graphics packages.

--
Siep Kroonenberg

Re: installing graphicx

Thompson,Paul-2
Yes, and the grfguide reference is 15 pages, as opposed to the far more extensive discussion in epslatex at 120+ pages. For the user, epslatex.pdf is far more helpful. YMMV