Quantcast

install on non-network PC without a network PC

install on non-network PC without a network PC

John McHugh
I need a TeX / LaTeX installation on a windows 7 machine that does not have network capability.  My only other machine is a Mac.  Is there any way that I can prepare an installation disk / usb device on the Mac for subsequent installation on the Windows machine?

I see from http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/105648/offline-installation-how-do-i-install-a-full-tex-distribution-on-an-offline-com that this would be possible with a network connected PC, but all I have is a network connected Mac.  I might be able to install a windows VM on the Mac, but would prefer not to do that for a one time effort such as this.

Re: install on non-network PC without a network PC

Ralf.Gaertner
John,

youn can downlowd the basic MiKTeX installer and the package repository from the CTAN archive to an USB stick. Once the basic installation has been finished run the update and choose your USB stick as repository. I'm doing this (i.e. upgrading from a local repopsitory) on a PC located behind a fireall/proxy server.

But look at https://miktex.org/ , especially https://miktex.org/alert/package-refactoring-2016-11

Regards

Ralf

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----