including eps file

fgrossi
I am trying to include an eps like this:

\begin{figure}[h] \centering
\includegraphics{prova12.eps}
\end{figure}

The file compiles ok, but when I display it  with YAP it says "cannot find
file PROVA.EPS". The file exists the same directory! GSVIEW reserves a blank
space for it, but nothing is there. I am using the graphicx package.

If I change the name of the EPS filename in the latex document, specifying
something non-existent, LATEX says it is not found, as it should, so it is
finding my file.

I am sure I did this in the past and it worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Francisco

Re: including eps file

fgrossi
Sorry, I made a msitake in my previous message. YAP says, of course, CANNOT
FIND PROVA12.EPS (that is the name of the existing specified file).

Thanks. Francisco

>I am trying to include an eps like this:
>
> \begin{figure}[h] \centering
> \includegraphics{prova12.eps}
> \end{figure}
>
> The file compiles ok, but when I display it  with YAP it says "cannot find
> file PROVA.EPS". The file exists the same directory! GSVIEW reserves a
> blank
> space for it, but nothing is there. I am using the graphicx package.
>
> If I change the name of the EPS filename in the latex document, specifying
> something non-existent, LATEX says it is not found, as it should, so it is
> finding my file.
>
> I am sure I did this in the past and it worked.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Francisco

Re: including eps file

Alan G Isaac
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, "Francisco A. S. Grossi" wrote:
> I am trying to include an eps like this:
> \begin{figure}[h] \centering
> \includegraphics{prova12.eps}
> \end{figure}

> The file compiles ok, but when I display it  with YAP it says "cannot find
> file PROVA.EPS". The file exists the same directory! GSVIEW reserves a blank
> space for it, but nothing is there. I am using the graphicx package.

Check capitalization of the filename?

fwiw,
Alan Isaac

Re: including eps file

fgrossi
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, "Francisco A. S. Grossi" wrote:
>> I am trying to include an eps like this:
>> \begin{figure}[h] \centering
>> \includegraphics{prova12.eps}
>> \end{figure}
>
>> The file compiles ok, but when I display it  with YAP it says "cannot
>> find
>> file PROVA.EPS". The file exists the same directory! GSVIEW reserves a
>> blank
>> space for it, but nothing is there. I am using the graphicx package.
>

> Check capitalization of the filename?
>
> fwiw,
> Alan Isaac

No, the name is ok. I used uppercas in my message to this group just to
enphasize it. The TEX file specifies exactly the file name and also latex
finds the file.

Francisco

Re: including eps file

hongbinz
Might be something wrong when you generated the eps file. For some
softwares, choose no preview.

Good luck

>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, "Francisco A. S. Grossi" wrote:
>>> I am trying to include an eps like this:
>>> \begin{figure}[h] \centering
>>> \includegraphics{prova12.eps}
>>> \end{figure}
>>
>>> The file compiles ok, but when I display it  with YAP it says "cannot
>>> find
>>> file PROVA.EPS". The file exists the same directory! GSVIEW reserves a
>>> blank
>>> space for it, but nothing is there. I am using the graphicx package.
>>

>> Check capitalization of the filename?
>>
>> fwiw,
>> Alan Isaac
>
> No, the name is ok. I used uppercas in my message to this group just to
> enphasize it. The TEX file specifies exactly the file name and also latex
> finds the file.
>
> Francisco

Hongbin Zhu
Dept. Chemical Engineering
Harshbarger Building, RM 108
Univ of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
phone: 520-626-9186
Fax: 520-626-5397

Re: including eps file

fgrossi
Yes, that was the problem after all! I replaced the eps generating program
that I presume was doing a very poor job, to say the least. When I used
another program, it worked (I found it this afternoon). I think it is
worthwhile sharing this information.

Thank you,

Francisco