egplot

Toddy69
I tried to use the package egplot in order to type and use gnuplot-code
inside of latexsource. After the first start of latex, the gnuplot file was
created -- but it gnuplot couldn't be startet, so the eps-file wasn't
created. Ok, that wouldn't be a big problem, because doing it manually is
not very much work, but if I have more than one graph in the latex file, the
gnuplot-file will be overwritten, as soon as the next graph appears -- so it
isn't possible to plot them by hand.

Did anyone get the package to work with Miktex?

Re: egplot

Alan G Isaac
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Toddy69 apparently wrote:
> I tried to use the package egplot in order to type and use
> gnuplot-code inside of latexsource.
> Did anyone get the package to work with Miktex?

Did you get an answer to this?

Thank you,
Alan Isaac

RE: egplot

Toddy69

No, unfortunately I didnt get an answer, but I'm very sure there is a way to
get the package to work. If it only worked with Linux, it wouldn't be
integrated into MikTeX I think.

Toddy

RE: egplot

marc-16
Toddy69 said...

I know nothing about this package, but there are packages that do not
work under Windows - at least, in part - especially if they depend on
scripts (that may contain OS-specific commands, as well as requiring the
appropriate script support).

I notice in the egplot readme it says:

%   CAUTION:
%       Calculation commands are only usable if the UN*X text utils
%       - tail
%       - head
%       - cut
%       and the stream editor
%       - sed
%       are installed and the commands
%       - 'rm' for the removal of files and
%       - 'cp' for the copying of files
%       are provided by the operating system.

--
Best,
Marc

RE: RE: egplot

Toddy69

Yes, I found that too, but I didn't used these commands. And even if I used
them, it should work, because I have win32 ports of these utils on my system
;-)

I think, there is some kind of general difference about the way (La)TeX uses
external utils, but I can't say for sure, because tried to call an external
util from latex.

Toddy

RE: RE: egplot

marc-16
Toddy69 said...

"should work" = "I am a very optimist person" :-)

> I think, there is some kind of general difference about the way (La)TeX uses
> external utils, but I can't say for sure, because tried to call an external
> util from latex.

Again, I'm talking off the top of my head, but is this a "write18" (off
by default in MiKTeX) thing?

--
Best,
Marc