chktex global resource file

Brian Quistorff
Hi,

I'm getting an error sometimes when using chktex in MiKTeX Next and
specifying any verbosity level. Example:

$ chktex.exe -q -v1 test_file.tex
chktex: WARNING -- Could not find global resource file.
chktex: ERROR -- Illegal verbosity level.

I couldn't find chktexrc in the MiKTeX installation. The chktex manual
appears to say at the end of ch 5 that this file must be installed. I
downloaded chktexrc from svn.savannah.nongnu.org and set the environment
variable CHKTEXRC to its path. Then chktex had no errors.

This verbosity error is a problem because I would like to use chktex with
LyX and LyX hardcodes a verbosity level. My MiKTeX installation is newly
installed and fully updated. Let me know if there is a way around this with
the default installation. Thanks for including chktex in MiKeX!

Cheers,
Brian Quistorff

Re: chktex global resource file

Christian Schenk
On 4/20/2016 7:07 PM, Brian Quistorff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting an error sometimes when using chktex in MiKTeX Next and
> specifying any verbosity level. Example:
>
> $ chktex.exe -q -v1 test_file.tex
> chktex: WARNING -- Could not find global resource file.
> chktex: ERROR -- Illegal verbosity level.

The resource file (chktexrc) is in package miktex-chktex-base. ChkTeX
should automatically install the package, if it is missing. I will fix this.