biber fixed

Thompson,Paul-2
OK, I fixed biber. I went to http://biblatex-biber.sourceforge.net/
and downloaded a new version of biber. I put it into the directory I am working in, since I am not sure where it should go - instructions for biber are not real helpful (no helpfile at all, that I can find). It now works. I cannot find why my use of the biber bundled into the 64 bit does not work. When I use the default (from the 64 bit), I get this error:

Package biblatex warning: File 'xxx.bbl' is wrong format version - expected 2.6

I can't find 2.6 out there. 2.4 is the most recent, and does work properly.

Paul A. Thompson
privileged and confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.

Re: biber fixed

Ulrike Fischer-2
Am Sat, 9 Apr 2016 14:49:13 +0000 schrieb Thompson,Paul:

> OK, I fixed biber. I went to http://biblatex-biber.sourceforge.net/
> and downloaded a new version of biber. I put it into the
> directory I am working in, since I am not sure where it should go

It can get everywhere as long as it is found.

> - instructions for biber are not real helpful (no helpfile at
> all, that I can find). It now works. I cannot find why my use of
> the biber bundled into the 64 bit does not work. When I use the
> default (from the 64 bit), I get this error:

> Package biblatex warning: File 'xxx.bbl' is wrong format version - expected 2.6

This means that your biber is too old. Your other message said that
you have still 2.3 but current is 2.4.

Run the update manager (admin).

> Package biblatex warning: File 'xxx.bbl' is wrong format version - expected 2.6
>
> I can't find 2.6 out there. 2.4 is the most recent, and does work properly.

Don't confuse the different versions numbers. There are four

biber version:
currently in miktex: 2.4,
found at the begin of the blg or when you run biber --version.

biblatex version:
currently in miktex 3.3., found in the log-file

bcf control file version:
currently in miktex 3.0, found in the bcf-file.

bbl version
currently in miktex 2.6, found in the bbl-file

Re: biber fixed

Thompson,Paul-2
Viellen Dank, Ulrike.

The problem of placement is that if you put it in the wrong place, it comes second in the search process, and does not replace.