Quantcast

Yap cmr12 font problems

daya rathnayaka
Hi,
I have been using MikTex to write papers for publications. I just did a
paper that has to be sent in preprint form, which uses cmr12 fonts. when
I Tex this in two column format that uses cmr10, everything works fine,
but preprint uses cmr12. This is in Win2K and I use Winshell. This is
the most recent MikTex 2.4. Package is Revtex 4.
When I compile (tex it) I get an error like this.
underfull \box(badness5817) in paragraph at line 83-96.
\OT1/cmr/m/n/10.95.
(This is where the title for the paper is, which is in larger font)
After compilation, when I use Yap to see it I get the message "Not all
the fonts could be loaded. See File:Document Properties for details".
When I hit on OK it displays the paper with only subscripts on the title
lumped together showing up.
In the document properties it says
 "cmr12>>not loadable. Double click to see details"
Double clicking on it I get
"Making PK font
Trying to make PK font cmr12 at 600 dpi
etc etc and at the end
Transcript written on cmr12.log
Metafont failed for some reason.
make pk: metafont failed on "cmr12"

However, when I make the ps file and use Ghost View to see it everything
looks fine. This problem is only with Yap.
Anyone has any suggestions to solve this problem.
Thanks,
Daya

Re: Yap cmr12 font problems

Juan Antonio Navarro
Hello Daya,

On 9/13/05, daya rathnayaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After compilation, when I use Yap to see it I get the message "Not all
> the fonts could be loaded. See File:Document Properties for details".
> When I hit on OK it displays the paper with only subscripts on the title
> lumped together showing up.
> In the document properties it says
>  "cmr12>>not loadable. Double click to see details"

Me and others in the group have had similar problems. They usually
disapear after updating miktex (go to MiKTeX Update) and then
refreshing the filename database and rebuilding formats (in MiKTeX
Options)... I am not sure about the cause of the problems, or if this
will solve yours, but it's worth to try...

--
juan antonio navarro perez
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~navarroj