Quantcast

Windows API error 5: Access is denied

jlenchner
When running Yap on Windows XP with MikTex 2.5, after leaving my system
idle for a little while I get several (sometimes a very large number of)
identical popups with the message: "Windows API error 5: Access is
denied."  If I then click on the Copy Info button the following
information is copied to my clipboard:

MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: Windows API error 5: Access is denied.

Source: .\draw.cpp
Line: 580
MiKTeX: 2.5
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
SystemAdmin: yes
PowerUser: no
SharedSetup: yes
BinDir: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\miktex\bin
Root0: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5
Root1: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5
Root2: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5
Root3: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5
Install: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5
UserConfig: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5
UserData: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5
CommonConfig: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5
CommonData: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5

What is causing this problem and how can I cease it from happening?

Jon