Troubles with powerdot package

Petr Pošík-2
Dear Azzam and all,

I probably ran into the same error. It was first discussed at powerdot
mailing list:
http://www.freelists.org/post/powerdot/Misplaced-slides-on-portrait-A4-paper
-after-update
The thread contains a minimal working example with all the files generated
by MikTeX.

The other users reported that TeX Live produces correct output.

It seems that we were able to identify dvips as the source of the issue. I
installed TeX Live because of this, and applying dvips from TeX Live to .dvi
file produced by MikTeX's latex produced a correct .ps file, while MikTeX's
dvips produces a wrong output. It seems that it does not recognize the
screen output option defined in config.ps (althought it is present there)
and uses the "unknown" format... But I do not know where exactly the error
originates.

Would someone else be so kind to try to reproduce the errornous output from
the example shown in the above mentioned thread?
I would the file a bug in MikTeX bug tracker.

Thanks, Petr Posik

> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 23:05:55 +0100
> From: HASSAN Azzam <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [MiKTeX] Troubles with powerdo package
> To: "A place for MiKTeX users to discuss MiKTeX related questions."
> <[hidden email]>
>
> Hello All PsTrickers and Miktexers
> I m a user of powerdot for displaying slides After the last update of
miktex, i can
> not obtain a correct ps document, only the half of the slide is displayed.
> Any Help???
>
> --
> *Azzam HASSAN*
> *Grenoble - France*

Re: Troubles with powerdot package

Ulrike Fischer-2
I wrote an answer about the source of the problem and a work-around:

https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs/2577/