Texworks (LaTeX)

Ariovaldo V Garcia
Dear all

I don' t know if this is the right place to put my doubt.

I need to run latex (not pdflatex) in an old archive. But my "texworks"
doesn't have the Latex compile option. (Windows 10 platform and MiKTeX 2.9)

 I tried to run from the command line

...>  latex arq.tex

...> dvips arq

but the arq.pdf created  is not readable through Acroreader..

I appreciate any help

Regards

Ariovaldo

Re: Texworks (LaTeX)

Andrei Malokostov
Dear Ariovaldo,

After
...> dvips arq
you obtain not arq.pdf, but PostScript arq.ps file.

You can read this file by GSView program (it should be installed with
GhostScript). Or you can convert this PostScript file to PDF format by the
command
...>ps2pdf arq

Best regards,

Andrei

> Dear all
>
> I don' t know if this is the right place to put my doubt.
>
> I need to run latex (not pdflatex) in an old archive. But my "texworks"
> doesn't have the Latex compile option. (Windows 10 platform and MiKTeX 2.9)
>
>  I tried to run from the command line
>
> ...>  latex arq.tex
>
> ...> dvips arq
>
> but the arq.pdf created  is not readable through Acroreader..
>
> I appreciate any help
>
> Regards
>
> Ariovaldo

Re: Texworks (LaTeX)

Ariovaldo V Garcia
Dear Andrei

You are correct

I forgot to put the line with "ps2pdf" command in my email.

I will try to convert all the ps and eps figures to pdf and run pdflatex,
as Allan Isaac wrote to me in a  email send direct to me.

Thank you

Ariovaldo

> Dear Ariovaldo,
>
> After
> ...> dvips arq
> you obtain not arq.pdf, but PostScript arq.ps file.
>
> You can read this file by GSView program (it should be installed with
> GhostScript). Or you can convert this PostScript file to PDF format by the
> command
> ...>ps2pdf arq
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andrei

> > Dear all
> >
> > I don' t know if this is the right place to put my doubt.
> >
> > I need to run latex (not pdflatex) in an old archive. But my "texworks"
> > doesn't have the Latex compile option. (Windows 10 platform and MiKTeX
> 2.9)
> >
> >  I tried to run from the command line
> >
> > ...>  latex arq.tex
> >
> > ...> dvips arq
> >
> > but the arq.pdf created  is not readable through Acroreader..
> >
> > I appreciate any help
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ariovaldo

Re: Texworks (LaTeX)

Vladimir Yumashev
dvips produces *.ps files, not *.pdf

*.ps files are read by ghostview available from internet

*.ps files can be converted to *.pdf by ps2pdf and some other converters available from internet