Text as a figure

Karl Koch
Hello all,

I have a verbatim text and I would like to have this text (besides having a
box drawn around it around - see other posting) also as or like a figure in
a way that is has caption and I can refer to it using a \ref{fig:label}
commend.

Is this possible?

Karl

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

Re: Text as a figure

Juan Antonio Navarro
Hi Karl,

On 9/13/05, Karl Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a verbatim text and I would like to have this text (besides having a
> box drawn around it around - see other posting) also as or like a figure in
> a way that is has caption and I can refer to it using a \ref{fig:label}
> commend.
>
> Is this possible?

This is not exactly the answer to your question, but you may have a
look at the "listings" package... It might be useful for your purposes
(I am just guessing anyway..)

juan antonio navarro perez
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~navarroj

Re: Text as a figure

Hans F. Nordhaug
* Juan Antonio Navarro <[hidden email]> [2005-09-13]:

> Hi Karl,
>
> On 9/13/05, Karl Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a verbatim text and I would like to have this text (besides having a
> > box drawn around it around - see other posting) also as or like a figure in
> > a way that is has caption and I can refer to it using a \ref{fig:label}
> > commend.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >

> This is not exactly the answer to your question, but you may have a
> look at the "listings" package... It might be useful for your purposes
> (I am just guessing anyway..)

Yes, I also think Karl is really looking for the listings package.
However, to get a caption you can just put your stuff inside a figure
environment or define your own (float) environment using the float
package. "texdoc float" will open the docs for float which starts
with an example that is just what you need (if you don't go for the
listings package that is.)

Regards,
Hans

PS! This isn't a MiKTeX specific question. Searching/asking at
comp.text.tex is much better:
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex>