Quantcast

Problems with the Solar Physics package

Alexander Getling (mail.ru)

Hi,

I encountered a problem with viewing the .dvi files obtained by LaTeXing simple files (e.g., template.tex) using the package downloaded from the author-support page of the Solar Physics journal (http://www.e-publications.org/springer/support/sola/sola-support_2015-03-09.zip). Yap issues the following message:

MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: Some PostScript specials could not be rendered.
Data: Error: /undefined in H.S
Operand stack:
   --nostringval--   PermitFileReading   --nostringval--   PermitFileWriting   --nostringval--
Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1930   1   3   %oparray_pop   1929   1   3   %oparray_pop   1913   1   3   %oparray_pop   1803   1   3   %oparray_pop   --nostringval--   %errorexec_pop   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1176/1684(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:80/200(L)--   --dict:100/300(L)--   --dict:17/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
MiKTeX GPL Ghostscript 9.05: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Source: Libraries\MiKTeX\Dvi\Ghostscript.cpp
Line: 362
MiKTeX: 2.9
OS: Microsoft Windows 8 Home Premium Edition, 64-bit (build 9200)
Invokers: explorer/Far
SystemAdmin: no
PowerUser: no
Root0: C:\Users\AG\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
Root1: C:\Users\AG\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.9
Root2: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
Root3: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9
UserInstall: C:\Users\AG\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
UserConfig: C:\Users\AG\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
UserData: C:\Users\AG\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.9
CommonInstall: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9
CommonConfig: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
CommonData: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9

The developers of the package gave no defiite answer, since they " don't have MiKTeX installed" and use Texlive distributions.  Could anyone help me to fix the error?

Thank you in advance,
Alexander Getling

Re: Problems with the Solar Physics package

Ulrike Fischer-2

> I encountered a problem with viewing the .dvi files obtained by
> LaTeXing simple files (e.g., template.tex) using the package
> downloaded from the author-support page of the Solar Physics
> journal (http://www.e-publications.org/springer/support/sola/sola-support_2015-03-09.zip).
> Yap issues the following message:

> MiKTeX Problem Report
> Message: Some PostScript specials could not be rendered.
> Data: Error: /undefined in H.S
> Operand stack:
>    --nostringval--   PermitFileReading   --nostringval--   PermitFileWriting   --nostringval--

> The developers of the package gave no defiite answer, since they "
> don't have MiKTeX installed" and use Texlive distributions.
> Could anyone help me to fix the error?

In Yap choose View->Render Method->dvips.

Btw: the eps-Graphics are no real eps, they should better be
corrected. Also I would convert the eps to pdf, remove the .eps
extension from all the includegraphics and then use pdflatex for
compilation.

Re: Problems with the Solar Physics package

Alexander Getling (mail.ru)
 Dear  Ulrike,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, choosing View->Render Method->dvips in Yap does not resolve the problem. If I start Yap again, the complaint reappears.

Best rehards,
Alexander

>> I encountered a problem with viewing the .dvi files obtained by
>> LaTeXing simple files (e.g., template.tex) using the package
>> downloaded from the author-support page of the Solar Physics
>> journal ( http://www.e-publications.org/springer/support/sola/sola-support_2015-03-09.zip ).
>> Yap issues the following message:
>

>> MiKTeX Problem Report
>> Message: Some PostScript specials could not be rendered.
>> Data: Error: /undefined in H.S
>> Operand stack:
>>    --nostringval--   PermitFileReading   --nostringval--   PermitFileWriting   --nostringval--
>
>> The developers of the package gave no defiite answer, since they "
>> don't have MiKTeX installed" and use Texlive distributions.
>> Could anyone help me to fix the error?
>
>In Yap choose View->Render Method->dvips.
>
>Btw: the eps-Graphics are no real eps, they should better be
>corrected. Also I would convert the eps to pdf, remove the .eps
>extension from all the includegraphics and then use pdflatex for
>compilation.
>

>--
>Ulrike Fischer
>http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

Re: Problems with the Solar Physics package

Thompson,Paul-2
Have you notified the journal? It's their .sty file after all.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, choosing View->Render Method->dvips in Yap does not resolve the problem. If I start Yap again, the complaint reappears.

Best rehards,
Alexander

>> I encountered a problem with viewing the .dvi files obtained by
>> LaTeXing simple files (e.g., template.tex) using the package
>> downloaded from the author-support page of the Solar Physics journal
>> ( http://www.e-publications.org/springer/support/sola/sola-support_2015-03-09.zip ).
>> Yap issues the following message:
>

>> MiKTeX Problem Report
>> Message: Some PostScript specials could not be rendered.
>> Data: Error: /undefined in H.S
>> Operand stack:
>>    --nostringval--   PermitFileReading   --nostringval--   PermitFileWriting   --nostringval--
>
>> The developers of the package gave no defiite answer, since they "
>> don't have MiKTeX installed" and use Texlive distributions. Could
>> anyone help me to fix the error?
>
>In Yap choose View->Render Method->dvips.
>
>Btw: the eps-Graphics are no real eps, they should better be corrected.
>Also I would convert the eps to pdf, remove the .eps extension from all
>the includegraphics and then use pdflatex for compilation.
>

>--
>Ulrike Fischer
>http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

privileged and confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.

Re: Problems with the Solar Physics package

Am Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:27:56 +0300 schrieb Alexander Getling
(mail.ru):

> Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, choosing View->Render
> Method->dvips in Yap does not resolve the problem. If I start Yap
> again, the complaint reappears.

You can set the default render method in the options.

Re: Problems with the Solar Physics package

Alexander Getling (mail.ru)
 Many thanks, I managed to do it! Now, Yap works well.

Bet regards,
Alexander

Среда,  1 апреля 2015, 20:40 +02:00 от Ulrike Fischer <[hidden email]>:

>Am Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:27:56 +0300 schrieb Alexander Getling
>(mail.ru):
>

>> Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, choosing View->Render
>> Method->dvips in Yap does not resolve the problem. If I start Yap
>> again, the complaint reappears.
>
>You can set the default render method in the options.
>

>--
>Ulrike Fischer
>http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

Re: Problems with the Solar Physics package

PAPA SEGA Wade
Of nothing my big, for us the knowledge she is free

>  Many thanks, I managed to do it! Now, Yap works well.
>
> Bet regards,
> Alexander
>

> Среда,  1 апреля 2015, 20:40 +02:00 от Ulrike Fischer <[hidden email]>:
> >Am Wed, 01 Apr 2015 21:27:56 +0300 schrieb Alexander Getling
> >(mail.ru):
> >

> >> Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, choosing View->Render
> >> Method->dvips in Yap does not resolve the problem. If I start Yap
> >> again, the complaint reappears.
> >
> >You can set the default render method in the options.
> >

> >--
> >Ulrike Fischer
> >http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

> >Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
> sponsored
> >by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub
> for all
> >things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership
> blogs to
> >news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the
> >conversation now.  http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

> sponsored
> all

\No command

Alexander Getling (mail.ru)
Dear  Ulrike,

Upon installing MikTeX on a new machine, I encountered a problem that has never arisen previously. Despite 'babel' with the 'russian' option are mentioned in the preamble, the \No command (specifying the Russian version of the number sign) is claimed to be indefined. How could I fix this error?

Thank you in advance for your consultation.

Best regards,
Alexander

Re: \No command

Alexander Berdnikov (SPb)
Similar thing: \flqq and \frqq do not work properly in 'babel' with the 'russian' option. These commands produce << and >> (combinations of shifted &lt;&lt; and &gt;&gt;) instead of special symbols for quotes awailable in LH Fonts. In particular, the ligatures << and >> awailable in LH Fonts work correctly. The same is true for the special symbols «» inseted into the text directly. Commands \char"9D (for № or \No), \char"BE (for « or \flqq) and \char"BF (for » or \frqq) work correctly as well.

However, it seems that this is the problem of 'babel', not of MiKTeX.

Best regards,
Alexander

18.03.2017, 12:18, "Alexander Getling (mail.ru)" <[hidden email]>:

> Dear  Ulrike,
>
> Upon installing MikTeX on a new machine, I encountered a problem that has never arisen previously. Despite 'babel' with the 'russian' option are mentioned in the preamble, the \No command (specifying the Russian version of the number sign) is claimed to be indefined. How could I fix this error?
>
> Thank you in advance for your consultation.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

Re: \No command

Alexander Berdnikov (SPb)
It is possible to use:

      \textnumero to produce 'cyrillic number',

      \guillemotleft to produce 'cyrillic/french left double quote',

      \guillemotright to produce 'cyrillic/french right double quote'.

These commands are defined inside the cyrillic font encoding files and should work independently from the 'babel' package.

Best regards,
Alexander

Re: \No command

Am Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:27:56 +0300 schrieb Alexander Berdnikov
(SPb):

> Similar thing: \flqq and \frqq do not work properly in 'babel' ....

You are currently speaking only to yourself. Do you really expect
other to understand what you are referring too?

If you want help: Provide some complete minimal examples that
demonstrates your problem.

Btw: Quite probably your problems are not miktex specific and you
should better ask them on a general latex mailing list/usenet/forum.

Re: \No command

Mark Yagnatinsky
to expand on what Ulrike Fischer said: a minimal example looks something
like this:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
1+1 % this typesets as "1+1", but I expected to see "2"; how to fix it?
\end{document}