Problems with miktex-makefmt

Ollivier TARAMASCO
Hello,

I want to create French-LaTeX format.

The files needed to make this format are in a localtexmf.

My roots are:

C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\localtexmf

C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\texmf (Common install)

The input file (French-LaTeX.fpi)is in C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\localtexmf\mltex\french‑config

I’ve refreshed FNDB.

Everything was working before the last update.

Is it possible to fix this problem?

Thank you

Ollivier TARAMASCO

Re: Problems with miktex-makefmt

Christopher Weedall
Hi Ollivier,

Did you Refresh FNDB for in the regular (user) version *and* in the admin
version?  If not, try to do that.

Also, did you also Update Formats (again, both in user version *and* admin
version).  From your email, it sounded like you may not have done this?

Best,
Chris

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Ollivier TARAMASCO <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to create French-LaTeX format.
>

> The files needed to make this format are in a localtexmf.
>

> My roots are:
>
> C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\localtexmf
>
> C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\texmf (Common install)
>

> The input file (French-LaTeX.fpi)is in C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\
> localtexmf\mltex\french‑config
>

> I’ve refreshed FNDB.
>

> Everything was working before the last update.
>

> Is it possible to fix this problem?
>

> Thank you
>

> Ollivier TARAMASCO

Re: Problems with miktex-makefmt

Ollivier TARAMASCO
Hello Chris,

I've done everything you said (refresh FNDN for te user and admin version, update all formats in both user and admin version and got the same error.

Best
Ollivier

Did you Refresh FNDB for in the regular (user) version *and* in the admin version?  If not, try to do that.

Also, did you also Update Formats (again, both in user version *and* admin version).  From your email, it sounded like you may not have done this?

Best,
Chris

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Ollivier TARAMASCO < [hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to create French-LaTeX format.
>

> The files needed to make this format are in a localtexmf.
>

> My roots are:
>
> C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\localtexmf
>
> C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\texmf (Common install)
>

> The input file (French-LaTeX.fpi)is in C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\
> localtexmf\mltex\french‑config
>

> I’ve refreshed FNDB.
>

> Everything was working before the last update.
>

> Is it possible to fix this problem?
>

> Thank you
>

> Ollivier TARAMASCO

Re: Problems with miktex-makefmt

Christopher Weedall
Hi Ollivier,

Ok, just wanted to rule that out as a source of the problem, because having
user and admin out-of-sync sometimes causes unexpected errors/behavior for
people.

Would it be possible for you to include the exact error message that you
receive?  And/or include a screenshot of the problem?

Best,
Chris

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Ollivier TARAMASCO <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> I've done everything you said (refresh FNDN for te user and admin version,
> update all formats in both user and admin version and got the same error.
>
> Best
> Ollivier

Joseph Wright
On 01/02/2017 09:58, Ollivier TARAMASCO wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> I've done everything you said (refresh FNDN for te user and admin version, update all formats in both user and admin version and got the same error.
>
> Best
> Ollivier

What *exactly* was the error you got?

Joseph

Re: Problems with miktex-makefmt

Ollivier TARAMASCO
Hi Chris,

Here is the message I received:

----
Sorry, but miktex-makefmt did not succeed for the following reason:

  The input file could not be found.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

  C:/Users/Ollivier/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/miktex-makefmt.log

You may want to visit the MiKTeX project page, if you need help.

Sorry, but "MiKTeX Configuration Utility" did not succeed.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

  C:/Users/Ollivier/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/initexmf.log

You may want to visit the MiKTeX project page, if you need help.
------

I've already sent the initexmf.log and the miktex-makefmt.log files.

Am Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:42:06 +0100 schrieb Ollivier TARAMASCO:

> The input file (French-LaTeX.fpi)is in
> C:\MesProgrammes\TeX\localtexmf\mltex\french‑config

That's a rather curious path. Are you sure the engine you are using
can find files there? Did you check with kpsewhich?

Also I do find it dubious that you are using as dash a U+2011
(non-breaking hyphen). Non-Ascii in files names are never a good
idea.

> I've already sent the initexmf.log and the miktex-makefmt.log files.

No. Attachments don't come through in this list.