Problems in installing Miktek (Complete)

Problems in installing Miktek (Complete)

Jain, Amit
Hello All,

     I am trying to install Miktek on my desktop with Win10.

When I choose the option to download Miktek after choosing complete version I get the "couldn't connect to server"
This has been happening for a few days now. Is the server really down ? How can I find out?

I am able to install the basic miktek but then I am missing the packages and package manager gives me the same error.

Thanks,

Amit

Re: Problems in installing Miktek (Complete)

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
Hi Amit,

The mirror that you use previously could be not available during the
package manager installation.

Please rerun the Package Manager (Admin) by selecting:

MiKTeX 2.9 > Maintenance (Admin) > Package Manager (Admin)

then, select other mirror.

Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Jain, Amit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>      I am trying to install Miktek on my desktop with Win10.
>
> When I choose the option to download Miktek after choosing complete
> version I get the "couldn't connect to server"
> This has been happening for a few days now. Is the server really down ?
> How can I find out?
>
> I am able to install the basic miktek but then I am missing the packages
> and package manager gives me the same error.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amit

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan

Re: Problems in installing Miktek (Complete)

Jain, Amit
Hi Sharuzzaman,

  I do not see any mirrors in the package manager repositories. I just see a message:"connecting" followed by a error message that I have copied below:

MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Data: ="connect failed in tcp_connect()"
Source: Libraries\MiKTeX\PackageManager\PackageManager.cpp
Line: 1080
MiKTeX: 2.9
OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 64-bit, build 9600
Invokers: explorer
SystemAdmin: yes
PowerUser: no
Root0: C:\Users\akjain5\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
Root1: C:\Users\akjain5\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.9
Root2: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
Root3: C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9
UserInstall: C:\Users\akjain5\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
UserConfig: C:\Users\akjain5\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9
UserData: C:\Users\akjain5\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\2.9
CommonInstall: C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9
CommonConfig: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
CommonData: C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9
-------------------------------------

The mirror that you use previously could be not available during the package manager installation.

Please rerun the Package Manager (Admin) by selecting:

MiKTeX 2.9 > Maintenance (Admin) > Package Manager (Admin)

then, select other mirror.

Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Jain, Amit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>      I am trying to install Miktek on my desktop with Win10.
>
> When I choose the option to download Miktek after choosing complete
> version I get the "couldn't connect to server"
> This has been happening for a few days now. Is the server really down ?
> How can I find out?
>
> I am able to install the basic miktek but then I am missing the
> packages and package manager gives me the same error.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amit

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan