Problem with sync and updating

Mau

Problem with sync and updating

Mau

When trying to sync my packages through package manager or trying to update I get error messages:

The package definition file could not be parsed.

path="C:\Users\......\AppData\Local\Temp\mik86059\makeindex.tpm", line="2", column="1330"

What could be done?

I have miktex 2.9 on Win7 machine. MikTeX itself is running OK, if I do not try to update.

Thanks,
Maurizio

Re: Problem with sync and updating

Christian Schenk
On 11/5/2016 11:02 AM, Mau V wrote:

> When trying to sync my packages through package manager or trying to update I get error messages:
>
> The package definition file could not be parsed.
>
> path="C:\Users\......\AppData\Local\Temp\mik86059\makeindex.tpm", line="2", column="1330"

Thank you for the report. This file cannot be parsed because it contains
an error: the character sequence 'Chen & Harrison' should be replaced by
'Chen and Harrison'. I will fix this.

> What could be done?

The fix must propagate to the CTAN mirrors. You should be able to run
update tomorrow.