Problem with copystart after last update

Problem with copystart after last update

Ignasi-2
Hi, all

I'm using MikTeX on windows10 x64. I've a single user installation under
C:\MikTeX. Today I've tried to update the system. On first list only two
packages were marked.

After this first update, as soon as I try a second update Avast
antivirus tries to analyze copystart.exe which is in

C:\MikTeX\mikte\bin\x64\internal

Even with avast analyzing it, updater starts then I select repository
option anc click on execute. The updater silently closes. It doesn't
show any packages list, just finishes and dissapears from display.

what could be wrong in my system?

Thank you,

Ignasi

---
Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.

Re: Problem with copystart after last update

Christian Schenk
On 5/17/2016 2:45 PM, Ignasi wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I'm using MikTeX on windows10 x64. I've a single user installation under
> C:\MikTeX. Today I've tried to update the system. On first list only two
> packages were marked.
>
> After this first update, as soon as I try a second update Avast
> antivirus tries to analyze copystart.exe which is in
>
> C:\MikTeX\mikte\bin\x64\internal

How do you notice that copystart.exe is being scanned? My understanding
is that this should happen in the background (no user intervention).

> Even with avast analyzing it, updater starts then I select repository
> option anc click on execute. The updater silently closes. It doesn't
> show any packages list, just finishes and dissapears from display.

In order to bypass "copystart.exe": You can start the update wizard by
double-clicking the executable file "miktex-update.exe".

Re: Problem with copystart after last update

Ignasi-2
El 17/05/2016 a les 20:20, Christian Schenk ha escrit:

> On 5/17/2016 2:45 PM, Ignasi wrote:
>> Hi, all
>>
>> I'm using MikTeX on windows10 x64. I've a single user installation under
>> C:\MikTeX. Today I've tried to update the system. On first list only two
>> packages were marked.
>>
>> After this first update, as soon as I try a second update Avast
>> antivirus tries to analyze copystart.exe which is in
>>
>> C:\MikTeX\mikte\bin\x64\internal
> How do you notice that copystart.exe is being scanned? My understanding
> is that this should happen in the background (no user intervention).
Because Avast open a "notify" window which shows the name of the file
being analysed.
Yesterday was copystart.exe, today is
C:\Users\myaccount\AppData\Local\Temp\miktex-update.temp

Also the miktex-update window is surrounded by a blue border with a
label "Avast DeepScreen".

Today the updater works but announces that all repositories are one day old.

Yesterday and today behaviour is different and my computer has not been
restarted, only "temporally stopped".

Ignasi

---
Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.

MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)

Sveinung Heggen
Dear Mr. Schenk

On 21 May 20016 my virus-scanner started to complain regarding three MIKTeX-files:

miktex-update.exe
miktex-taskbar-icon.exe
miktex-taskbar-icon.tmp

Report from the virus checker is enclosed. Annoying, because my PC is sending security reports to the IT-department.

Sveinng

Re: MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)

Christian Schenk
On 5/25/2016 6:21 PM, Sveinung Heggen wrote:
> Dear Mr. Schenk
>
> On 21 May 20016 my virus-scanner started to complain regarding three MIKTeX-files:
>
> miktex-update.exe
> miktex-taskbar-icon.exe
> miktex-taskbar-icon.tmp
>
> Report from the virus checker is enclosed. Annoying, because my PC is sending security reports to the IT-department.

How can you be sure that these files are not infected? I would recommend
that you remove these files.

Re: MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)

Aleks Kleyn
The email that Heggen received can be spam from hacker which expect that Heggen contacts this hacker.

Aleks Kleyn
http://alekskleyn.dyndns-home.com:4080/
http://sites.google.com/site/AleksKleyn/
http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1
http://AleksKleyn.blogspot.com/
http://KleynAleks.blogspot.com/

Derivative in Banach algebra
∂x x2=1⊗ x+x⊗1
∂x x2◦dx=dx x+x dx

On 5/25/2016 6:21 PM, Sveinung Heggen wrote:
> Dear Mr. Schenk
>
> On 21 May 20016 my virus-scanner started to complain regarding three MIKTeX-files:
>
> miktex-update.exe
> miktex-taskbar-icon.exe
> miktex-taskbar-icon.tmp
>
> Report from the virus checker is enclosed. Annoying, because my PC is sending security reports to the IT-department.

How can you be sure that these files are not infected? I would recommend that you remove these files.

Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data untouched!

Re: MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)

Sveinung Heggen
Of course I cannot be sure, but I downloaded the files from a mirror via updated manager. I will download the latest portable version and replace the two files, and see what happens. I was sure I dead another message where someone had the same problem.

> To: [hidden email]
> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 20:41:47 +0200
> Subject: Re: [MiKTeX] MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)
>
> On 5/25/2016 6:21 PM, Sveinung Heggen wrote:
> > Dear Mr. Schenk
> >
> > On 21 May 20016 my virus-scanner started to complain regarding three MIKTeX-files:
> >
> > miktex-update.exe
> > miktex-taskbar-icon.exe
> > miktex-taskbar-icon.tmp
> >
> > Report from the virus checker is enclosed. Annoying, because my PC is sending security reports to the IT-department.
>
> How can you be sure that these files are not infected? I would recommend
> that you remove these files.

Re: MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)

Ignasi-2
No, my problem was that miktex update triggered my antivirus analysis,
but none message about infection was displayed. By the way, this problem
doesn't happen anymore.

Ignasi

El 26/05/2016 a les 9:13, Sveinung Heggen ha escrit:

> Of course I cannot be sure, but I downloaded the files from a mirror via updated manager. I will download the latest portable version and replace the two files, and see what happens. I was sure I dead another message where someone had the same problem.
>

>> To: [hidden email]
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 20:41:47 +0200
>> Subject: Re: [MiKTeX] MikTeX is marked as infected by Symantex End Point protection (virus checker)
>>
>> On 5/25/2016 6:21 PM, Sveinung Heggen wrote:
>>> Dear Mr. Schenk
>>>
>>> On 21 May 20016 my virus-scanner started to complain regarding three MIKTeX-files:
>>>
>>> miktex-update.exe
>>> miktex-taskbar-icon.exe
>>> miktex-taskbar-icon.tmp
>>>
>>> Report from the virus checker is enclosed. Annoying, because my PC is sending security reports to the IT-department.
>> How can you be sure that these files are not infected? I would recommend
>> that you remove these files.

---
Aquest correu electrònic s'ha verificat mitjançant l'Avast antivirus.