Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Bruce Allison
I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using is:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\begin{document}
\begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
\psline(0,0)(4,0)
\psline(2,0)(2,1)
\end{pspicture}
\end{document}

When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
WinEit 6), I get the message:
        "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
rendered."

Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
whole project).

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
this doesn't help.

I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures  in an article, and I
have hit a wall here.  Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!

Bruce

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Mark Yagnatinsky
Are you compiling to dvi or pdf?

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Bruce Allison <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using
> is:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
> \end{pspicture}
> \end{document}
>
> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>         "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
> rendered."
>
> Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
> instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
> whole project).
>
> I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
> this doesn't help.
>
> I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures  in an article, and I
> have hit a wall here.  Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
> problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Bruce

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Jerzy Wróbel
Bruce,

Try to compile to pdf with xelatex, in my case it works
without any additional steps. I just add two following
lines at the beginning:

% !TEX TS-program = xelatex
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

Jerzy

Am Mon, 31 Oct 2016 21:03:45 -0600 schrieb Bruce Allison:

> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using is:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
> \end{pspicture}
> \end{document}
>
> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>         "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
> rendered."

>From which application get you the message? From YAP? Then you
should change the render method in the view menu of YAP to dvips.

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Bruce Allison
Jerzy,
Thanks for this suggestion.

  I haven't seen lines like the ones you suggested adding.  I am working
in WinEdt 6, so I just added the lines in the tex file after
\documentclass{article}.  This was certainly not right, since they would
just be ignored by latex because of the %.

In any case, compiling to pdf (which is what I want) in xelatex gave the
message "Sorry but xelatex.exe did not succeed".   Do you have a
clarification of your suggestion?
Bruce

On 2016-11-01 3:32 AM, Jerzy Wrobel wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> Try to compile to pdf with xelatex, in my case it works
> without any additional steps. I just add two following
> lines at the beginning:
>
> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> Jerzy
>
>> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
>> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using
>> is:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
>> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
>> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
>> \end{pspicture}
>> \end{document}
>>
>> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
>> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>>          "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
>> rendered."
>>
>> Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
>> instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
>> whole project).
>>
>> I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
>> this doesn't help.
>>
>> I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures  in an article, and I
>> have hit a wall here.  Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
>> problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Bruce

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Bruce Allison
Ulrike,
Thanks for the reply and suggestion.
The message came from Yap.
I was originally trying to compile to dvi, just to make the process
work.  After changing the Yap rendering method to Dvips as you
suggested, I finally succeeded in getting a dvi file.
However, I still need to obtain a pdf file, and nothing I have tried has
worked in WinEdt/MikTex (e.g. pdflatex or dvi2pdf).
Any suggestions are welcome.
Bruce

On 2016-11-01 5:03 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Mon, 31 Oct 2016 21:03:45 -0600 schrieb Bruce Allison:
>
>> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
>> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using is:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
>> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
>> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
>> \end{pspicture}
>> \end{document}
>>
>> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
>> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>>          "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
>> rendered."
> >From which application get you the message? From YAP? Then you
> should change the render method in the view menu of YAP to dvips.

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Bruce Allison
Mark,
Thanks for the reply.
I was compiling to dvi.  I really need to compile to PDF, but that
hasn't worked yet.  (See my reply to Ulrike for details.)
Any suggestions?
Bruce

On 2016-11-01 12:16 AM, Mark Yagnatinsky wrote:

> Are you compiling to dvi or pdf?
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Bruce Allison <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
>> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using
>> is:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
>> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
>> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
>> \end{pspicture}
>> \end{document}
>>
>> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
>> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>>          "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
>> rendered."
>>
>> Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
>> instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
>> whole project).
>>
>> I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
>> this doesn't help.
>>
>> I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures  in an article, and I
>> have hit a wall here.  Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
>> problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Bruce

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Pierre BURG-2
Good morning

Make  latex ->dvi   else  dvi-> ps  else  ps-> pdf

Pierre

> Message du 02/11/16 07:54
> De : "Bruce Allison"
> A : "A place for MiKTeX users to discuss MiKTeX related questions."
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [MiKTeX] Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9
>
> Mark,
> Thanks for the reply.
> I was compiling to dvi. I really need to compile to PDF, but that
> hasn't worked yet. (See my reply to Ulrike for details.)
> Any suggestions?
> Bruce
>
> On 2016-11-01 12:16 AM, Mark Yagnatinsky wrote:
> > Are you compiling to dvi or pdf?
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Bruce Allison
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
> >> PSTricks. A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using
> >> is:
> >>
> >> \documentclass{article}
> >> \usepackage{pstricks}
> >> \begin{document}
> >> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
> >> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
> >> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
> >> \end{pspicture}
> >> \end{document}
> >>
> >> When I try to compile these commands using latex in MikTex 2.9 (under
> >> WinEit 6), I get the message:
> >> "MikTex Problem Report. Some PostScript specials could not be
> >> rendered."
> >>
> >> Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
> >> instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
> >> whole project).
> >>
> >> I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
> >> this doesn't help.
> >>
> >> I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures in an article, and I
> >> have hit a wall here. Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
> >> problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!
> >>
> >> Bruce

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Jerzy Wróbel
Bruce,
If you need pdf then xelatex is probably the simplest solution.
It worked for me, also for the small example you have provided.
I am not familiar with WinEdt, so maybe you give a try to
TeXstudio, which I use? This editor understand lines like

% !TEX TS-program = xelatex

which simplifies compilation. Did you succeed with xelatex
on non-pstrick documents?
Jerzy

> Jerzy,
> Thanks for this suggestion.
>
>   I haven't seen lines like the ones you suggested adding.  I am working
> in WinEdt 6, so I just added the lines in the tex file after
> \documentclass{article}.  This was certainly not right, since they would
> just be ignored by latex because of the %.
>
> In any case, compiling to pdf (which is what I want) in xelatex gave the
> message "Sorry but xelatex.exe did not succeed".   Do you have a
> clarification of your suggestion?
> Bruce
>

> On 2016-11-01 3:32 AM, Jerzy Wrobel wrote:
>> Bruce,
>>
>> Try to compile to pdf with xelatex, in my case it works
>> without any additional steps. I just add two following
>> lines at the beginning:
>>
>> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex
>> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>>
>> Jerzy
>>
>>> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
>>> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am
>>> using
>>> is:
>>>
>>> \documentclass{article}
>>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>>> \begin{document}
>>> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
>>> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
>>> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
>>> \end{pspicture}
>>> \end{document}
>>>
>>> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
>>> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>>>          "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
>>> rendered."
>>>
>>> Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
>>> instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
>>> whole project).
>>>
>>> I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
>>> this doesn't help.
>>>
>>> I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures  in an article, and I
>>> have hit a wall here.  Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
>>> problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Bruce

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

M.Kraft
Hi Bruce!

Jerzy's lines need to be the first lines of the document:

% !TEX TS-program = xelatex
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass{article}

Cheers,
Marckus

On 02.11.2016 05:42, Bruce Allison wrote:

> Jerzy,
> Thanks for this suggestion.
>
>   I haven't seen lines like the ones you suggested adding.  I am working
> in WinEdt 6, so I just added the lines in the tex file after
> \documentclass{article}.  This was certainly not right, since they would
> just be ignored by latex because of the %.
>
> In any case, compiling to pdf (which is what I want) in xelatex gave the
> message "Sorry but xelatex.exe did not succeed".   Do you have a
> clarification of your suggestion?
> Bruce
>

> On 2016-11-01 3:32 AM, Jerzy Wrobel wrote:
>> Bruce,
>>
>> Try to compile to pdf with xelatex, in my case it works
>> without any additional steps. I just add two following
>> lines at the beginning:
>>
>> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex
>> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>>
>> Jerzy
>>
>>> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
>>> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using
>>> is:
>>>
>>> \documentclass{article}
>>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>>> \begin{document}
>>> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
>>> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
>>> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
>>> \end{pspicture}
>>> \end{document}
>>>
>>> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
>>> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>>>          "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
>>> rendered."
>>>
>>> Exactly the same commands compile without any problem using PCTex 6
>>> instead of MikTex 2.9 (but unfortunately PCTex 6 will not work for my
>>> whole project).
>>>
>>> I have uninstalled and then reinstalled MikTex (under Windows 10) but
>>> this doesn't help.
>>>
>>> I really need to draw a lot of similar pictures  in an article, and I
>>> have hit a wall here.  Any suggestions about how to avoid this PSTricks
>>> problem using Miktex will be greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Bruce

Marckus Kraft        -       Software-Dokumentation
mailto:          [hidden email]
Homepage:     http://www.software-dokumentation.net
Profil:    http://profil.software-dokumentation.net
Mobil: +49 173 57 60 232 Office: +49 69 38 99 51 72

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Mario Biey
Bruce,

I run your command sequence with success. I'm using WinEdt 6.0 and
MikTex 2.9 too.
The sequence I used is the following
1) in  WinEdt choose LaTex. It compiles your command file and creates a
.dvi file
2) always in WinEdt, click on the (blue/red) command dvi_ps. A .ps file
is created
3) open the .ps file clicking on the icon corresponding to GSview (the
icon with a ghost)
4) GSview shows your figure. Inside GSview follow the sequence:
file->convert... A Convert window appears. In the Device sub-window
choose pdfwrite. Choose the Resolution (usually 300 is enough). Then
press OK and you get your .pdf file.

Best,
Mario

On 11/2/2016 6:08 AM, Bruce Allison wrote:

> Ulrike,
> Thanks for the reply and suggestion.
> The message came from Yap.
> I was originally trying to compile to dvi, just to make the process
> work.  After changing the Yap rendering method to Dvips as you
> suggested, I finally succeeded in getting a dvi file.
> However, I still need to obtain a pdf file, and nothing I have tried has
> worked in WinEdt/MikTex (e.g. pdflatex or dvi2pdf).
> Any suggestions are welcome.
> Bruce
>
> On 2016-11-01 5:03 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> Am Mon, 31 Oct 2016 21:03:45 -0600 schrieb Bruce Allison:
>>
>>> I am trying without success to draw a diagram using the latex package
>>> PSTricks.  A minimal version of the the command sequence that I am using is:
>>>
>>> \documentclass{article}
>>> \usepackage{pstricks}
>>> \begin{document}
>>> \begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(5,2)
>>> \psline(0,0)(4,0)
>>> \psline(2,0)(2,1)
>>> \end{pspicture}
>>> \end{document}
>>>
>>> When I try to compile these commands using latex  in MikTex 2.9 (under
>>> WinEit 6), I get the message:
>>>           "MikTex Problem Report.  Some PostScript specials could not be
>>> rendered."
>> >From which application get you the message? From YAP? Then you
>> should change the render method in the view menu of YAP to dvips.

Mario Biey, Professore Emerito
Dip. di Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni
Politecnico di Torino
C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24
I-10129 Torino, Italy
Phone: +39-011-090-4025
Fax:   +39-011-090-4171
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://personal.delen.polito.it/mario.biey

Am Tue, 1 Nov 2016 23:08:34 -0600 schrieb Bruce Allison:

> However, I still need to obtain a pdf file, and nothing I have tried has
> worked in WinEdt/MikTex (e.g. pdflatex or dvi2pdf).

postscript needs a postscript interpreter.

So you need to run

latex
dvips
ps2pdf

All three tools have menu entries in winedt.

The alternative is xelatex.

Or you drop pstricks and use tikz instead, then you can compile with
pdflatex directly:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tikz}
\begin{document}
\begin{tikzpicture}
\draw(0,0)--(4,0);
\draw(2,0)--(2,1);
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Bruce Allison
Hello,
Thanks for all for the good suggestions regarding getting my pstricks
commands to compile in WinEdt 6/MikTex 2.9 (under Windows 10) and
produce a pdf file.  (See earlier posts for the exact commands).  Here
is an update on the success of the various suggestions:

Suggestion 1.  Compile using the sequence latex, dvips, ps2pdf from the
menu in WinEdt.
Result: Latex works (now that I have changed the dvi rendering method)
and produces a correct dvi file.  Then dvips produces an error message
(Cannot run C:\Program~2\PCTex\PCTexv6\pctex6.exe
“My_path\Test_diagram.ps”), but also a ps file.  Finally, ps2pdf
produces an error message (Cannot run “C:\Program Files
(x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32” “My_path\Test_diagram.pdf”), but
also a correct pdf file.  The same thing happens when I compile my full
article (which contains 30 more complex pstricks diagrams).  So, if I am
not bothered by the error messages, all appears to be is well.

Suggestion 2:  Add two lines at the beginning of the file (see Jerzy’s
post), and compile using xelatex.
Result:  This doesn’t work for me.  MikTex reports that “Sorry, but
xelatex did not succeed” and that “XeLatex failed to product a pdf
file”.  The last line in the log file is “\pst@toks=\toks25”.

Suggestion 3:  Rewrite the code using tikx instead of pstricks (see
Ulrike’s post), and compile using pdflatex.
Result:  Pdflatex produces an error message (the same as the 2nd one
written under Suggestion 1), but also a correct pdf file.  So, again
except for error message, all appears to be well.

Nevertheless, the error messages bother me.  Since the above methods
work for others, I think now that the problem may be in my installation
of Tex software on my computer.  For example, I also have PCTex
installed on my system, which might explain somehow the error message
produced by dvips.   I will try doing a new installation of
WinEdt/MikTex) on my laptop (without PCTex installed), and see if that
helps.

However, if you see anything that I am missing, please let me know.
Bruce

On 2016-11-02 10:27 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Tue, 1 Nov 2016 23:08:34 -0600 schrieb Bruce Allison:
>
>> However, I still need to obtain a pdf file, and nothing I have tried has
>> worked in WinEdt/MikTex (e.g. pdflatex or dvi2pdf).
> postscript needs a postscript interpreter.
>
> So you need to run
>
> latex
> dvips
> ps2pdf
>
> All three tools have menu entries in winedt.
>
> The alternative is xelatex.
>
> Or you drop pstricks and use tikz instead, then you can compile with
> pdflatex directly:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{tikz}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{tikzpicture}
> \draw(0,0)--(4,0);
> \draw(2,0)--(2,1);
> \end{tikzpicture}
> \end{document}

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Ulrike Fischer-2
Am Fri, 4 Nov 2016 18:04:54 -0600 schrieb Bruce Allison:

> Hello,
> Thanks for all for the good suggestions regarding getting my pstricks
> commands to compile in WinEdt 6/MikTex 2.9 (under Windows 10) and
> produce a pdf file.  (See earlier posts for the exact commands).  Here
> is an update on the success of the various suggestions:
>
> Suggestion 1.  Compile using the sequence latex, dvips, ps2pdf from the
> menu in WinEdt.
> Result: Latex works (now that I have changed the dvi rendering method)
> and produces a correct dvi file.  Then dvips produces an error message
> (Cannot run C:\Program~2\PCTex\PCTexv6\pctex6.exe
> “My_path\Test_diagram.ps”), but also a ps file.

I can't believe that dvips tries to start pctex6, but menus in
winedt can do more complicated stuff. And an old winedt as your
winedt 6 can perhaps try to call pctex6.

You could try to install the new winedt 10 and look if it works
better. Or compile on the command line.

> Finally, ps2pdf
> produces an error message (Cannot run “C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32” “My_path\Test_diagram.pdf”), but
> also a correct pdf file.

Sounds as if the configuration of winedt points to the wrong
acrobat. Check the pathes.

> Suggestion 2:  Add two lines at the beginning of the file (see Jerzy’s
> post),

There are not necessary if you call xelatex from a menu.

> and compile using xelatex. Result:  This doesn’t work for me.
> MikTex reports that “Sorry, but xelatex did not succeed” and that
> “XeLatex failed to product a pdf file”.  The last line in the log
> file is “\pst@toks=\toks25”.

log-files normally doesn't end like this. Either you kill the
process or miktex tried to install a missing package and failed.

The best is to compile from a command line to get better error
messages.

Re: Problem with PSTricks using MikTex 2.9

Jean Hare
Hello Bruce,
Thank you for this detailed report. I don't use PSTricks (i prefer Tikz)
nor Windows 10  and no longer use WinEdt (but used it for 10 years).

Nevertheless the error messages you get suggest two kinds of problems :

1) WinEdt config :
  Your WindEdt config is broken and is set to use a weird combination of
MiKTeX tools and those of PCTeX.
   In this case, as the config edition is a rather elaborated task, the
best solution would be  to completly uninstall WinEdt and all its
settings (including those stored in Application Data in yours user
folder) and reinstall it.

2) PATH problem:
   Your Winedt likely  use short commands like latex  <file> or dvips
<file> instead of fully qualifyed
  C:\PROGRA~2\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\latex.exe  <file> or so.
  This is not a problem if you have a single tex distribution on your
computer and the path
  C:\PROGRA~2\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin in your PATH environment variable.
  but could lead to strange result in the present case.
    a) The best solution would be to edit your PATH to put MiKTeX's path
_before_ PCTeX one.
        This seteing can be done by using Commuter>Properties>Advanced>
Environment variables.
    b) If you want to continue to be able to use PCTeX without trouble,
there is a workaround :
        AFAIK, winedt can also be set to use custom latex.bat and others
(*.bat) installed in its directory,
        and then the path could be locally set by using the command :
        set path= C:\PROGRA~2\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin;%path%   (notice the
semicolon)
        before the call to latex.exe

By the way,
- if you prefer to directly use  PSPSTricks _and_ pdflatex have a look
to  the specific package :
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/8413/how-to-use-pstricks-in-pdflatex
- if you experience compile/convert problems with Adone Reader which
blocks the recreation of the opened file
    you could easily switch to SumatraPDF as explained on
    http://william.famille-blum.org/software/sumatra/

Regards,
Jean

--
Jean Hare
Professeur Université Pierre et Marie Curie