Quantcast

Mitek installation problem - directory not empty

Mitek installation problem - directory not empty

Jay A. Leavitt, PhD
Trying to install Miktex after uninstalling it in Win 10. Have read
other apps fail to reinstall with same error message: "The specified
installation directory is not empty." Have run installation as admin.
Can install in different directory, but other apps that interface with
this app fail.

---

Re: Mitek installation problem - directory not empty

Jerry
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 10:50:10 -0500, Jay A. Leavitt, PhD stated:

>Trying to install Miktex after uninstalling it in Win 10. Have read
>other apps fail to reinstall with same error message: "The specified
>installation directory is not empty." Have run installation as admin.
>Can install in different directory, but other apps that interface with
>this app fail.

Okay, have you tried the obvious; ie. removing the leftover directory
prior to installing Miktex? By the way, I would not run the
installation as "admin" as it may cause problems later.

--
Jerry

Re: [EXTERNAL] Mitek installation problem - directory not empty

Cordwell, William R
Hello,

I have been having this problem, as well.  I run the MiKTeX uninstall, but it does not always delete the MiKTeX 2.9 directory.  If I delete that directory, also, then it seems to reinstall.

Regards,
Wm Cordwell

Trying to install Miktex after uninstalling it in Win 10. Have read other apps fail to reinstall with same error message: "The specified installation directory is not empty." Have run installation as admin.
Can install in different directory, but other apps that interface with this app fail.

---

Re: [EXTERNAL] Mitek installation problem - directory not empty

Jay A. Leavitt, PhD
Good thought. However, that directory does not exist. I checked in
explorer and command.

On 11/17/2016 11:31 AM, Cordwell, William R wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been having this problem, as well.  I run the MiKTeX uninstall, but it does not always delete the MiKTeX 2.9 directory.  If I delete that directory, also, then it seems to reinstall.
>
> Regards,
> Wm Cordwell

---

Re: [EXTERNAL] Mitek installation problem - directory not empty

Jay A. Leavitt, PhD
I take it back. After emptying Recycle bin the directory reappeared.
After its deletion install started. Many thanx.

On 11/17/2016 11:48 AM, Jay A. Leavitt, PhD wrote:

> Good thought. However, that directory does not exist. I checked in
> explorer and command.
>

> On 11/17/2016 11:31 AM, Cordwell, William R wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been having this problem, as well.  I run the MiKTeX uninstall, but it does not always delete the MiKTeX 2.9 directory.  If I delete that directory, also, then it seems to reinstall.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Wm Cordwell

---