Quantcast

MiKTeX209-pdftex.dll

Oliver Kopp
Hey,

I updated my MiKTeX setup today. Now, pdflatex complains that
MiKTEX209-pdftex.dll is missing. This is true: This file does not
exist on my machine.

This happens on two machines. Both Windows 10. MiKTeX installed as
single user installation.

Does anyone else have the same issue after updating?

Cheers,

Oliver

Re: MiKTeX209-pdftex.dll

Pierre BURG-2
Hello

i have  update  and   after  latex.exe  not  work

also i am  lost

i have  write  to Christian Schenk
i wait because  miketex is not he  job but hoby

A  friend  make  same and  have  other problem  after updating

i mean   we do wait  if it is  a bug

> Message du 18/04/17 19:01
> De : "Oliver Kopp"
> A : [hidden email]
> Copie à :
> Objet : [MiKTeX] MiKTeX209-pdftex.dll
>
> Hey,
>
> I updated my MiKTeX setup today. Now, pdflatex complains that
> MiKTEX209-pdftex.dll is missing. This is true: This file does not
> exist on my machine.
>
> This happens on two machines. Both Windows 10. MiKTeX installed as
> single user installation.
>
> Does anyone else have the same issue after updating?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Oliver

Re: MiKTeX209-pdftex.dll

Christian Schenk
On 4/18/2017 6:46 PM, Oliver Kopp wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I updated my MiKTeX setup today. Now, pdflatex complains that
> MiKTEX209-pdftex.dll is missing. This is true: This file does not
> exist on my machine.

My guess is that the pdflatex.exe one your machine an old version. You
can "upgrade" pdflatex.exe by running:

   initexmf --mklinks --force
or
   initexmf --admin --mklinks --force

Re: MiKTeX209-pdftex.dll

Oliver Kopp

>> I updated my MiKTeX setup today. Now, pdflatex complains that
>> MiKTEX209-pdftex.dll is missing. This is true: This file does not
>> exist on my machine.
>
> My guess is that the pdflatex.exe one your machine an old version.

It was the case on all my (two ;)) machines. I assume, that happend,
because miktex-pdftex-bin was updated, but no update happened for
miktex-pdftex.

> You
> can "upgrade" pdflatex.exe by running:
>
>    initexmf --mklinks --force

Yeah, that did the trick. Thank you for the fast answer!

Cheers,

Oliver
--
https://blog.jabref.org/