MiKTeX Problem Report

Marks, Denise
Since the most recent update, MiKTeX is no longer working. When I try to typeset a document that worked a few days ago the following message appears in the console:

! LaTeX Error: File `pdftex.def' not found.

I clicked on Settings to try to fix the problem, and this message popped up:

MiKTeX Problem Report
Message: Windows API error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

Data: path="C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9\miktex/data/le\1756f6ade37d5f870f23c05a7f81e257.fndb"
Source: Libraries\MiKTeX\Core\MemoryMappedFile\win\winMemoryMappedFile.cpp
Line: 83

Does anyone have any idea what happened and if these two issues are (possibly) related?

Thank you,

Denise

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Denise L. Marks
Staff Assistant
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, CMC342
Tampa, FL 33620-5700
Phone: 813-974-9747
FAX: 813-974-2700

Re: MiKTeX Problem Report

Christian Schenk
On 7/12/2016 7:41 PM, Marks, Denise wrote:
> Since the most recent update, MiKTeX is no longer working. When I try
> to typeset a document that worked a few days ago the following
> message appears in the console:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `pdftex.def' not found.

pdftex.def is (now) a part of the graphics-def package and it should be
installed automatically. You can install it manually with the help of
the package manager.

Re: MiKTeX Problem Report

Am Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:41:43 +0000 schrieb Marks, Denise:

> Since the most recent update, MiKTeX is no longer working. When I try to typeset a document that worked a few days ago the following message appears in the console:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `pdftex.def' not found.
>
> I clicked on Settings to try to fix the problem, and this message popped up:

Some packages have been rearranged and your offline database is
probably no longer in sync with the online database.

Synchronize (package manager + package manager admin, menu
repositories).

Re: MiKTeX Problem Report

Marks, Denise
Unfortunately, the graphics-def package was not installed automatically. After searching CTAN, I discovered the change and downloaded it through package manager.

On 7/12/2016 7:41 PM, Marks, Denise wrote:
> Since the most recent update, MiKTeX is no longer working. When I try
> to typeset a document that worked a few days ago the following message
> appears in the console:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `pdftex.def' not found.

pdftex.def is (now) a part of the graphics-def package and it should be installed automatically. You can install it manually with the help of the package manager.

What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow, J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev