Quantcast

! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

Wu Zhang
Hi, folks,
    I run a tex file created in Scientific Word 5.5 and get this error message-

! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
Could you help me how to fix this in MikTex 2.9?

Thanks,

Wu

Re: ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

José Carlos Santos
On 13-09-2011 05:32, Wu Zhang wrote:

>      I run a tex file created in Scientific Word 5.5 and get this error message-
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
> Could you help me how to fix this in MikTex 2.9?

MiKTeX can't find the file tcilatex.tex because that file is part of
Scientific Word, nut it is not a standard LaTeX file. Besides, that file
will probably need other files in order to work.

There used to be (back in version 3.0) the possibility of exporting a
file created with Scientific Word in such a way that it requires
standard LaTeX packages. You might try to see if that possibility is
still available.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos

Re: ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

Siep Kroonenberg
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:43:03AM +0100, José Carlos Santos wrote:

> On 13-09-2011 05:32, Wu Zhang wrote:
>
> >      I run a tex file created in Scientific Word 5.5 and get this error message-
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.
> > Could you help me how to fix this in MikTex 2.9?
>
> MiKTeX can't find the file tcilatex.tex because that file is part of
> Scientific Word, nut it is not a standard LaTeX file. Besides, that file
> will probably need other files in order to work.

I seem to recall that it is just a single file. Dig it up from your
Scientific Word installation, and place it in the same directory as
your .tex source. I believe that that is all.

--
Siep Kroonenberg

Re: ! LaTeX Error: File `tcilatex.tex' not found.

Alan G Isaac
On 9/13/2011 5:43 AM, José Carlos Santos wrote:
> There used to be (back in version 3.0) the possibility of exporting a
> file created with Scientific Word in such a way that it requires
> standard LaTeX packages.

That was also true up to 5.0, and it is the best answer
to the OP's question. (Export as Plain LaTeX.)

Alan Isaac