Installing font

José Carlos Santos
Hi all,

I am trying to install the MTpro2 Lite package, following these
instructions:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/110894/how-do-i-install-mtpro2-on-windows

I had no problems concerning the part of adding the files to a local
root. Now, if I add the line

\pdfmapfile{=mtpro2.map}

to the preamble of a document, I can use the mtpro2 package.

My problem is that I am unable add the mtpro2.map map permanently to my
system. I have followed these instructions:

http://docs.miktex.org/2.9/manual/advanced.html#psfonts

But if I try to compile a file without adding \pdfmapfile{=mtpro2.map}
to the preamble, then I get this error:

Running miktex-makemf.exe...

Sorry, but miktex-makemf did not succeed for the following reason:

   The mt2syt source file could not be found.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

   C:/Users/jcsan_000/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/miktex-makemf.log

You may want to visit the MiKTeX project page, if you need help.
Running ttf2pk.exe...

Sorry, but miktex-makepk did not succeed for the following reason:

   PK font mt2syt could not be created.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

   C:/Users/jcsan_000/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/miktex-makepk.log

You may want to visit the MiKTeX project page, if you need help.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file mt2syt): Font mt2syt at 720 not found
  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

José Carlos Santos

Re: Installing font

Ulrike Fischer-2
Am Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:49:22 +0100 schrieb José Carlos Santos:

> I have followed these instructions:

> http://docs.miktex.org/2.9/manual/advanced.html#psfonts

> What am I doing wrong?

Well you didn't describe what you exactly did so how should we know
where you erred?

Run on a command line

  updmap --verbose > updmap.log

and then show the resulting log-file.

Re: Installing font

José Carlos Santos
On 04/01/2017, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

>> I have followed these instructions:
>
>> http://docs.miktex.org/2.9/manual/advanced.html#psfonts
>
>> What am I doing wrong?

Thanks to your reply, I was able to solve my problem. But I am stell
scratching my head over this one.

> Well you didn't describe what you exactly did so how should we know
> where you erred?

As I wrote, I followed the instructions from the page that I mentioned.
To be more specific, I ran

initexmf --edit-config-file updmap

on a command line. Then I added "Map mtpto2", I saved and closed the
window, and then I ran

initexmf --mkmaps

> Run on a command line
>
>   updmap --verbose > updmap.log
>
> and then show the resulting log-file.

I did this and then I noticed that the map file mtpro2.map was missing
from updmap.log. So, I ran again

initexmf --edit-config-file updmap

on a command line. This time, when a new window opened, it was not empty
as the last time; it had the lines "Map manfnt" and "Map stmaryrd"
(these are map files from my local root). So I added the line "Map
mtpro2" (again!) and this time all went fine.

Thank for your help.

Best regards,

José Carlos Santos