Hi

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Hi

T-kaung T-kaung
Hi, I am Newbie here. I'd like to ask you ask you some questions. This is test mail.
 
regards,
tkaung

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

how to compile tex and cls files consisting of Japanese characters !!!!!

T-kaung T-kaung

Dear All,

  I installed MiKTex for Windows XP professional version 2002. When I compile sample2e as described in http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/setup/install.html, it is OK.

 And when I compile format.tex, I got an error. There are two files format.tex and format.cls, both of files consists Japanese characters.  Anybody help me please ? 

 

C:>latex format           //  .tex
This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4)
entering extended mode
(C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\format.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation, ge
rman, ngerman, french, loaded.

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
 ...

l.1  
     ■\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b ...

?

 

Here is log file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4) (preloaded format=latex 2005.9.12)  12 SEP 2005 22:42
entering extended mode
**format
(C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\format.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation, ge
rman, ngerman, french, loaded.

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
 ...                                             
                                                 
l.1 ÿ
     þ\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b ...

? H
You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.
?
Missing character: There is no ÿ in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no þ in font nullfont!
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 ÿþ\
        d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b ...

? X
 
Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 5 strings out of 95901
 111 string characters out of 1195329
 44793 words of memory out of 1048577
 3139 multiletter control sequences out of 60000
 3640 words of font info for 14 fonts, out of 1000000 for 2000
 14 hyphenation exceptions out of 4999
 5i,0n,4p,133b,14s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,32768s
No pages of output.

 

rgds,

tkaung


Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to compile tex and cls files consisting of Japanese characters !!!!!

Darío Gabriel Pérez
It says your document lacks the usual

\begin{document}

\end{document}

after you have loaded the packages and class. Besides, in the
\documentclass{} you have to put only the name of the class file
(*.cls) the path is defined by miktex itself (it knows where the
classes are located). And last, you have to avoid using non-western
symbols. Personally, I dont know how latex handles japanese, but you
have to load some babel file before using kanjis, and those should
only used between "\begin{document}" and "\end{document}".

I hope this helps. Dario.


On 9/12/05, T-kaung T-kaung <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> Dear All,
>
>   I installed MiKTex for Windows XP professional version 2002. When I
> compile sample2e as described in
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/setup/install.html,
> it is OK.
>
>  And when I compile format.tex, I got an error. There are two files
> format.tex and format.cls, both of files consists Japanese characters.
> Anybody help me please ?  
>
>  
>
> C:>latex format           //  .tex
> This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4)
> entering extended mode
> (C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\format.tex
> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
> Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation,
> ge
> rman, ngerman, french, loaded.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>  ...
>
> l.1  
>      ■\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b
> ...
>
> ?
>
>  
>
> Here is log file.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4) (preloaded format=latex
> 2005.9.12)  12 SEP 2005 22:42
> entering extended mode
> **format
> (C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\format.tex
> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
> Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation,
> ge
> rman, ngerman, french, loaded.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>  ...                                              
>                                                  
> l.1 ÿ
>      þ\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b
> ...
>
> ? H
> You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
> If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.
> ?
> Missing character: There is no ÿ in font nullfont!
> Missing character: There is no þ in font nullfont!
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.1 ÿþ\
>         d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b
> ...
>
> ? X
>  
> Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
>  5 strings out of 95901
>  111 string characters out of 1195329
>  44793 words of memory out of 1048577
>  3139 multiletter control sequences out of 60000
>  3640 words of font info for 14 fonts, out of 1000000 for 2000
>  14 hyphenation exceptions out of 4999
>  5i,0n,4p,133b,14s stack positions out of
> 5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,32768s
> No pages of output.
>
>
>  
>
> rgds,
>
> tkaung
>
> ________________________________
> Yahoo! for Good
> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
>
>
HS^�隊X�J�'���u����^�׫J�����
��z��q�<䞦צm���m��NRjqkjw"��7�zZ)���.'�s'%x��r؜z� �W���î+ޜ7�zZ)���1�ڂ)�>�#y�lM榱7��)�@�r��#�Ǭ�����ޙ��1欺��z{a��� 0����o۱ǹ��")7�Rǫ�f��)��+-2"�yu,z�%��l���q���z�m��?�X���(��~��zw��X�����b��?�)-{�z�
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to compile tex and cls files consisting of Japanese characters !!!!!

T-kaung T-kaung
Dario, thank you so much for your reply. I fixed the path for .cls class file but it doesnt work and here is some part of my tex file.
 
\documentclass{jarticle}
\begin{document}
\Ž–¼{æ’[ ‘¾˜Y}                  %% Ž©•ª‚ÌŽ–¼
 
 
 I downloaded this file from my university homepage and saved it in Uni-Code format using Notepad. ( there are four encoding formats: ANSI, Unicode, Unicode big endian, UTF-8. I have already tried every format :D ).
 
 
The error messages show :
 
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8g> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation, ge
rman, ngerman, french, loaded.
! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
 ...                                             
                                                 
l.1 ÿ
     þ\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s {  j a r t i c l e}
?
! Emergency stop.
 ...                                             
                                                 
l.1 ÿ
     þ\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { j a r t i c l e }
You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.
 
 
So I saw some extra characters before ' /document{jarticle}'  and it might be bcoz of Unicode format. Could anybody have an idea about this ?? Thanks a lot!!!!
 
 


DarúŒ Gabriel Pérez <[hidden email]> wrote:
It says your document lacks the usual

\begin{document}

\end{document}

after you have loaded the packages and class. Besides, in the
\documentclass{} you have to put only the name of the class file
(*.cls) the path is defined by miktex itself (it knows where the
classes are located). And last, you have to avoid using non-western
symbols. Personally, I dont know how latex handles japanese, but you
have to load some babel file before using kanjis, and those should
only used between "\begin{document}" and "\end{document}".

I hope this helps. Dario.


On 9/12/05, T-kaung T-kaung wrote:

>
>
> Dear All,
>
> I installed MiKTex for Windows XP professional version 2002. When I
> compile sample2e as described in
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/setup/install.html,
> it is OK.
>
> And when I compile format.tex, I got an error. There are two files
> format.tex and format.cls, both of files consists Japanese characters.
> Anybody help me please ?
>
>
>
> C:>latex format // .tex
> This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4)
> entering extended mode
> (C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\format.tex
> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
> Babel and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation,
> ge
> rman, ngerman, french, loaded.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type H for immediate help.
> ...
>
> l.1
> ■\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b
> ...
>
> ?
>
>
>
> Here is log file.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> This is e-TeX, Version 3.141592-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4) (preloaded format=latex
> 2005.9.12) 12 SEP 2005 22:42
> entering extended mode
> **format
> (C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\format.tex
> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
> Babel and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation,
> ge
> rman, ngerman, french, loaded.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type H for immediate help.
> ...
>
> l.1 ÿ
> þ\ d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b
> ...
>
> ? H
> You're in trouble here. Try typing to proceed.
> If that doesn't work, type X to quit.
> ?
> Missing character: There is no ÿ in font nullfont!
> Missing character: There is no þ in font nullfont!
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.1 ÿþ\
> d o c u m e n t c l a s s { C : / t e x m f / t e x / l a t e x / b
> ...
>
> ? X
>
> Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
> 5 strings out of 95901
> 111 string characters out of 1195329
> 44793 words of memory out of 1048577
> 3139 multiletter control sequences out of 60000
> 3640 words of font info for 14 fonts, out of 1000000 for 2000
> 14 hyphenation exceptions out of 4999
> 5i,0n,4p,133b,14s stack positions out of
> 5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,32768s
> No pages of output.
>
>
>
>
> rgds,
>
> tkaung
>
> ________________________________
> Yahoo! for Good
> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
>
>
HS^µéšŠX¬JE#39;²ŠÞu¼­E^¶×«JEÁªÞ
‰ßz·§qE<䞦צmE÷m¶ÓNRjqkjw"±Ê

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to compile tex and cls files consisting of Japanese characters !!!!!

Corentin Fontaine
Hi T-Kaung,
 
if you downloaded this document from your university, I guess it must work some way.
 
My first hit is that I've never seen \documentclass{jarticle} before !  So I assume you need to download some specific package regarding *j acticle*...
 
Second, in your error message, there is nothing about *japanese babel*... did you download any? (and refreshed your database?)
 
Third, extra characters before ' /document{jarticle}' does not seem correct to me... I suggest you delete it and see what's going on, because ! Emergency stop. is never good !

Let us know how it improves !
 
Cheers,
 
 
Corentin
Loading...