Help/Question: MiKTeX makefmt.exe keeps getting tagged as a virus by Norton AV

Help/Question: MiKTeX makefmt.exe keeps getting tagged as a virus by Norton AV

Robert Braunger
Question: my virus checking program (Norton Antivirus, SONAR heuristics engine) keeps tagging makefmt.exe from the MikTeX package as a virus due to "suspicious activity".

Category: Resolved Security Risks
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename
7/19/2016 6:29:13 PM,High,makefmt.exe (SONAR.Heur.RGC!g179) detected by SONAR,Removed,Resolved - No Action Required,c:\program files\miktex 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\makefmt.exe

Is there a way that I can know that I have the legitimate version (i.e. # of bytes / timestamp)?

Has anyone else had this problem?  Apparently since Norton SONAR software is a rule-based/heuristics antivirus program- it sometimes gets false positives.  But I want to make sure it's a false positive before I white-list the program- it may have been that there actually is malware in the distribution (I would hope not, but I'm not sure what the process is used to build distributions).

Thanks!

Robert