Quantcast

DVI Viewer Problem

adesina agboola
I have just purchased an HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed MiKTex 2.0 successfully but unable to view my latexed files. Each time I called for the DVI file, the error message is always ijfour: unknown METAFONT mode

Somebody somewhere should please help me out.

Agboola A.A.A.

Re: DVI Viewer Problem

ojmarttila
adesina agboola kirjoitti:
> I have just purchased an HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed MiKTex 2.0 successfully but unable to view my latexed files. Each time I called for the DVI file, the error message is always ijfour: unknown METAFONT mode
>
> Somebody somewhere should please help me out.
>

> Agboola A.A.A.

Ithink there is a misprint: shouldn't it be ljfour (small
el, not I, not 1)

Olli the Greybearded

Re: DVI Viewer Problem

Michael Barr
I don't know, but I have a suggestion.  When I got a new laptop with Vista
I tried to install TeX-Live and got it installed under c:\program files.
I had a similar experience.  Then I installed miktex, but I installed it
under root and now the viewer (now yap) worked.  I do not know if it was
the fact that I installed under root or that it was yap rather than
divout, but I would try reinstalling the entire miktex under root,
assuming that you let it install under program files.  Apparently, unless
permissions are set properly, it is impossible to install things in that
directory.  I found, for example, that it is not possible to copy a .exe
file to any subdirectory of program files.  (Eventually, at considerable
cost, I "upgraded" the OS to XP.)

Michael Barr

Re: DVI Viewer Problem

gervacios(Gervacio,Severino V)
Did you really install MiKTeX 2.0? Almost everybody is using either MiKTeX 2.6 or MiKTeX 2.7 now.

________________________________

> I have just purchased an HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed MiKTex 2.0 successfully but unable to view my latexed files. Each time I called for the DVI file, the error message is always ijfour: unknown METAFONT mode
>
> Somebody somewhere should please help me out.
>

> Agboola A.A.A.

Ithink there is a misprint: shouldn't it be ljfour (small
el, not I, not 1)

Olli the Greybearded

Re: DVI Viewer Problem

unoqualunque
adesina agboola wrote
I have just purchased an HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I installed MiKTex 2.0 successfully but unable to view my latexed files. Each time I called for the DVI file, the error message is always ijfour: unknown METAFONT mode

Somebody somewhere should please help me out.

Agboola A.A.A.
Dear Sir,

I have the same problem with a new pc (Windows 7), Winedt 6.0 and Miktex 2.9. May I ask you whether you fixed the problem and how?

Thans a lot, unoqualunque