Quantcast

Bug after update?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Bug after update?

Grey

after a complete new install to standard path (C:\Program Files\...) and
after running Admin-Update (which is successful) i get a internal error
from miktex when running the update-utility again.

update-log says the following (beside some other lines):

initexmf: warning: The link target "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
2.9\miktex\bin\x64\miktex-xdvipdfmx.exe" does not exist.

miktex-makefmt.log has in its last lines:

2017-01-03 15:38:17,404+0100 INFO  makex - Creating the etex format file...
2017-01-03 15:38:17,416+0100 INFO  makex - Running miktex-pdftex.exe...
2017-01-03 15:38:17,441+0100 FATAL miktex-makefmt - miktex-pdftex.exe
failed on etex.ini.

dunno if it helps, would like to use MiKTeX very much, but have no idea
how to resolve this.

Best


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug after update?

Denis José Navas Vega
I have two sugestions,

I remember that in a similar situation, I repeated the failed
instruction within the command line interface and that solved the
issue; another one that sometimes fails is luaotfload-tool.exe and
calling it with '--update' resolves problems of fonts not located.

But I had another situation, that wasn't solved satisfactorily that
obligued me to install in a local texmf directory (created under my
user directory), the files of the luaotfload package that are on
development.



2017-01-03 8:51 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:

>
> after a complete new install to standard path (C:\Program Files\...) and
> after running Admin-Update (which is successful) i get a internal error
> from miktex when running the update-utility again.
>
> update-log says the following (beside some other lines):
>
> initexmf: warning: The link target "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\miktex-xdvipdfmx.exe" does not exist.
>
> miktex-makefmt.log has in its last lines:
>
> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,404+0100 INFO  makex - Creating the etex format file...
> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,416+0100 INFO  makex - Running miktex-pdftex.exe...
> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,441+0100 FATAL miktex-makefmt - miktex-pdftex.exe
> failed on etex.ini.
>
> dunno if it helps, would like to use MiKTeX very much, but have no idea
> how to resolve this.
>
> Best
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
> A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml



--



Deseándole bendiciones de Dios,

Denis J Navas
☎ Claro      +505 8357-0296
☎ Movistar +505 8899-8252

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug after update?

Grey

thank you for your answer, I will try to run the update-procedure from
the command line.

I have tried running latex in the shell, it gives me "the program cannot
be started, since MiKTeX209-jpeg.dll is missing on the computer". I had
this same error message before when trying to compile from texmaker (but
only after the aforementioned update-run).


Am 04.01.2017 um 04:36 schrieb Denis José Navas Vega:

> I have two sugestions,
>
> I remember that in a similar situation, I repeated the failed
> instruction within the command line interface and that solved the
> issue; another one that sometimes fails is luaotfload-tool.exe and
> calling it with '--update' resolves problems of fonts not located.
>
> But I had another situation, that wasn't solved satisfactorily that
> obligued me to install in a local texmf directory (created under my
> user directory), the files of the luaotfload package that are on
> development.
>
>
>
> 2017-01-03 8:51 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:
>> after a complete new install to standard path (C:\Program Files\...) and
>> after running Admin-Update (which is successful) i get a internal error
>> from miktex when running the update-utility again.
>>
>> update-log says the following (beside some other lines):
>>
>> initexmf: warning: The link target "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
>> 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\miktex-xdvipdfmx.exe" does not exist.
>>
>> miktex-makefmt.log has in its last lines:
>>
>> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,404+0100 INFO  makex - Creating the etex format file...
>> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,416+0100 INFO  makex - Running miktex-pdftex.exe...
>> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,441+0100 FATAL miktex-makefmt - miktex-pdftex.exe
>> failed on etex.ini.
>>
>> dunno if it helps, would like to use MiKTeX very much, but have no idea
>> how to resolve this.
>>
>> Best
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
>> A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug after update?

Grey
In reply to this post by Denis José Navas Vega
There is, unfortunately, more:

2017-01-04 09:27:50,758+0100 INFO  mpmcli - package repository:
ftp://ftp.fau.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/
2017-01-04 09:27:50,876+0100 INFO  mpmcli - lightweight database digest:
1610df23624084df9d9217103927acc1
2017-01-04 09:27:50,877+0100 INFO  mpmcli - going to download 79600363 bytes
2017-01-04 09:27:50,877+0100 INFO  mpmcli - going to install 1382
file(s) (66 package(s))
2017-01-04 09:27:50,879+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.fau.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/beamer.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:51,636+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 2625799 bytes, 3391.87 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:27:52,207+0100 INFO  mpmcli - extracting files from
beamer.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:53,940+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.fau.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/biblatex.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:55,679+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 7177956 bytes, 4030.89 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:27:55,874+0100 INFO  mpmcli - extracting files from
biblatex.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:57,632+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.fau.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/biblatex-apa.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:57,979+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 241394 bytes, 681.32 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:27:58,018+0100 INFO  mpmcli - extracting files from
biblatex-apa.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:58,148+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.fau.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/bidi.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:27:59,219+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 4009620 bytes, 3656.06 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:27:59,306+0100 FATAL mpmcli - MiKTeX encountered an
internal error.
2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Info:
2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Source:
Libraries\MiKTeX\Core\Cfg\Cfg.cpp
2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Line: 712
2017-01-04 09:29:08,373+0100 INFO  mpmcli - starting: mpmcli (MiKTeX
2.9.6100 64-bit)
2017-01-04 09:29:08,650+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/tex/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/miktex-zzdb2-2.9.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:29:10,020+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 887740 bytes, 635.58 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:29:21,613+0100 INFO  mpmcli - updating package definition
directory (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9\tpm\packages)...
2017-01-04 09:29:25,926+0100 INFO  mpmcli - installed 3054 package
definition files
2017-01-04 09:29:36,790+0100 INFO  mpmcli - visiting repository
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/tex/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/...
2017-01-04 09:29:36,790+0100 INFO  mpmcli - repository type: remote
package repository
2017-01-04 09:29:36,790+0100 INFO  mpmcli - loading lightweight database...
2017-01-04 09:29:36,792+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/tex/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/miktex-zzdb1-2.9.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:29:37,230+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 162468 bytes, 362.24 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:30:06,416+0100 INFO  mpmcli - starting: mpmcli (MiKTeX
2.9.6100 64-bit)
2017-01-04 09:30:06,692+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/miktex-zzdb2-2.9.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:30:07,560+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 887740 bytes, 1006.89 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:30:19,495+0100 INFO  mpmcli - updating package definition
directory (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9\tpm\packages)...
2017-01-04 09:30:24,095+0100 INFO  mpmcli - installed 3054 package
definition files
2017-01-04 09:30:35,006+0100 INFO  mpmcli - visiting repository
ftp://ftp.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/...
2017-01-04 09:30:35,007+0100 INFO  mpmcli - repository type: remote
package repository
2017-01-04 09:30:35,007+0100 INFO  mpmcli - loading lightweight database...
2017-01-04 09:30:35,009+0100 INFO  mpmcli - downloading
ftp://ftp.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ctan/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/miktex-zzdb1-2.9.tar.lzma...
2017-01-04 09:30:35,297+0100 INFO  mpmcli - 162468 bytes, 549.00 KB/Sec
2017-01-04 09:30:39,326+0100 INFO  mpmcli - lightweight database digest:
1610df23624084df9d9217103927acc1
2017-01-04 09:30:40,286+0100 FATAL mpmcli - MiKTeX encountered an
internal error.
2017-01-04 09:30:40,286+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Info:
2017-01-04 09:30:40,286+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Source:
Libraries\MiKTeX\PackageManager\PackageManager.cpp
2017-01-04 09:30:40,286+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Line: 658

mpm --find-updates and mpm --update-db work fine, but when calling mpm
--update, the above is produced
(two calls taken from the log file, so one causes something in Cfg.cpp
and the other in PackageManager.cpp).

I seriously do not know how to handle this, although I normally know my
way around software and computers quite well.


Am 04.01.2017 um 04:36 schrieb Denis José Navas Vega:

> I have two sugestions,
>
> I remember that in a similar situation, I repeated the failed
> instruction within the command line interface and that solved the
> issue; another one that sometimes fails is luaotfload-tool.exe and
> calling it with '--update' resolves problems of fonts not located.
>
> But I had another situation, that wasn't solved satisfactorily that
> obligued me to install in a local texmf directory (created under my
> user directory), the files of the luaotfload package that are on
> development.
>
>
>
> 2017-01-03 8:51 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:
>> after a complete new install to standard path (C:\Program Files\...) and
>> after running Admin-Update (which is successful) i get a internal error
>> from miktex when running the update-utility again.
>>
>> update-log says the following (beside some other lines):
>>
>> initexmf: warning: The link target "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
>> 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\miktex-xdvipdfmx.exe" does not exist.
>>
>> miktex-makefmt.log has in its last lines:
>>
>> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,404+0100 INFO  makex - Creating the etex format file...
>> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,416+0100 INFO  makex - Running miktex-pdftex.exe...
>> 2017-01-03 15:38:17,441+0100 FATAL miktex-makefmt - miktex-pdftex.exe
>> failed on etex.ini.
>>
>> dunno if it helps, would like to use MiKTeX very much, but have no idea
>> how to resolve this.
>>
>> Best
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
>> A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug after update?

Denis José Navas Vega
2017-01-04 2:40 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:
> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,306+0100 FATAL mpmcli - MiKTeX encountered an
> internal error.

Seems like MiKTeX is lacking something.
In the las two months I have avoided update MiKTeX. What I do with the
"Package Manager"
is to uninstall and reinstall some packages.

In my experience the whole process becomes dificult when the core
MiKTeX binaries
are involved.  In a case like this, I update the package database with
"MiKTeX Settings"
and download with the Package Manager, the needed packages.

Your update process stoped when you were downloading the bidi package.
The error refers to an internal code on mpmcli:

2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Info:
2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Source:
Libraries\MiKTeX\Core\Cfg\Cfg.cpp
2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Line: 712

And that's the package manager, command line interface. Perhaps,
something can improve
using "MiKTeX Settings" and later the package manager cli.

If that does not work, in the past members of the LaTeX have given
pointers to usable software
still in development. It worth to ask them.


--



Deseándole bendiciones de Dios,

Denis J Navas
☎ Claro      +505 8357-0296
☎ Movistar +505 8899-8252

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug after update?

Grey
Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply.
I have found a solution for the problem, which was to temporarily set a
proxy (do not ask me why):
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/345485/miktex-update-error

the mentioned approach (answer of user stu003) worked for me.

Best

Am 05.01.2017 um 02:47 schrieb Denis José Navas Vega:

> 2017-01-04 2:40 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:
>> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,306+0100 FATAL mpmcli - MiKTeX encountered an
>> internal error.
> Seems like MiKTeX is lacking something.
> In the las two months I have avoided update MiKTeX. What I do with the
> "Package Manager"
> is to uninstall and reinstall some packages.
>
> In my experience the whole process becomes dificult when the core
> MiKTeX binaries
> are involved.  In a case like this, I update the package database with
> "MiKTeX Settings"
> and download with the Package Manager, the needed packages.
>
> Your update process stoped when you were downloading the bidi package.
> The error refers to an internal code on mpmcli:
>
> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Info:
> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Source:
> Libraries\MiKTeX\Core\Cfg\Cfg.cpp
> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Line: 712
>
> And that's the package manager, command line interface. Perhaps,
> something can improve
> using "MiKTeX Settings" and later the package manager cli.
>
> If that does not work, in the past members of the LaTeX have given
> pointers to usable software
> still in development. It worth to ask them.
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Bug after update?

Denis José Navas Vega
Thanks for the pointer.

2017-01-05 2:12 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> thanks a lot for your reply.
> I have found a solution for the problem, which was to temporarily set a
> proxy (do not ask me why):
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/345485/miktex-update-error
>
> the mentioned approach (answer of user stu003) worked for me.
>
> Best
>
> Am 05.01.2017 um 02:47 schrieb Denis José Navas Vega:
>> 2017-01-04 2:40 GMT-06:00 Grey <[hidden email]>:
>>> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,306+0100 FATAL mpmcli - MiKTeX encountered an
>>> internal error.
>> Seems like MiKTeX is lacking something.
>> In the las two months I have avoided update MiKTeX. What I do with the
>> "Package Manager"
>> is to uninstall and reinstall some packages.
>>
>> In my experience the whole process becomes dificult when the core
>> MiKTeX binaries
>> are involved.  In a case like this, I update the package database with
>> "MiKTeX Settings"
>> and download with the Package Manager, the needed packages.
>>
>> Your update process stoped when you were downloading the bidi package.
>> The error refers to an internal code on mpmcli:
>>
>> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Info:
>> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Source:
>> Libraries\MiKTeX\Core\Cfg\Cfg.cpp
>> 2017-01-04 09:27:59,307+0100 FATAL mpmcli - Line: 712
>>
>> And that's the package manager, command line interface. Perhaps,
>> something can improve
>> using "MiKTeX Settings" and later the package manager cli.
>>
>> If that does not work, in the past members of the LaTeX have given
>> pointers to usable software
>> still in development. It worth to ask them.
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
> A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml



--



Deseándole bendiciones de Dios,

Denis J Navas
☎ Claro      +505 8357-0296
☎ Movistar +505 8899-8252

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Q: How can I leave the mailing list?
A: See http://docs.miktex.org/faq/support.html#leavingml
Loading...