Box around a verbatim environment

Karl Koch
Hello,

I am using the fancybox style and wouild like to draw a box around a ver

\ovalbox{
  \begin{verbatim}
  This is my text.
  \end{verbatim}
}

which does not work. \ovalbox{This is my text.} is fine however. What can I
do to make this box appear. Additionally what would I need to do to keep the
box in one piece (= avoid that the text is splitted over two pages)?

Karl

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

Re: Box around a verbatim environment

Alan G Isaac
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, T) Karl Koch apparently wrote:
> I am using the fancybox style and wouild like to draw a box around a ver
> \ovalbox{
>   \begin{verbatim}
>   This is my text.
>   \end{verbatim}
> }

Maybe you can get this with boxedminipage.
http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/boxedminipage.html

fwiw,
Alan Isaac

Re: Box around a verbatim environment

Paul A. Thompson
At 04:03 PM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, T) Karl Koch apparently wrote:
> > I am using the fancybox style and wouild like to draw a box around a ver
> > \ovalbox{
> >   \begin{verbatim}
> >   This is my text.
> >   \end{verbatim}
> > }
>
>Maybe you can get this with boxedminipage.
>http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/boxedminipage.html
>
>fwiw,
>Alan Isaac

Also there is fancyvrb, which has boxed environments, etc, built right in

Paul A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Division of Biostatistics
660 S. Euclid, St. Louis, MO 63110
314-747-3793