Quantcast

Automatic max width for picture ?

Karl Koch
Hello list,

I have the following MikTeX to place a picture:

\begin{figure}[h]
  \hfill
  \begin{center}
    \includegraphics[scale=0.50,angle=0]{picture.jpg}
    \caption{Description here}
    \label{fig:one}
  \end{center}
\end{figure}

I have the problem that, depending on the physical dimensions, I need to
play with the scale attribute (4th line) to get the maximum size.

How can I automate this so that I automatically get the maximum size for the
picture according to the page size so the picture spreads to the maximum
width (while keeping the width/height relation constant)?

Kind Regards,
Karl

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

Re: Automatic max width for picture ?

"Žarko F. Čučej"
Karl Koch wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>I have the following MikTeX to place a picture:
>
>\begin{figure}[h]
>  \hfill
>  \begin{center}
>    \includegraphics[scale=0.50,angle=0]{picture.jpg}

    \includegraphics[width=\hsize]{picture.jpg}  %??

>    \caption{Description here}
>    \label{fig:one}
>  \end{center}
>\end{figure}
>

>I have the problem that, depending on the physical dimensions, I need to
>play with the scale attribute (4th line) to get the maximum size.
>
>How can I automate this so that I automatically get the maximum size for the
>picture according to the page size so the picture spreads to the maximum
>width (while keeping the width/height relation constant)?
>
>Kind Regards,
>Karl

regards, Zarko

Re: Automatic max width for picture ?

Juan Antonio Navarro
You can also make it relative to \textwidth, which will probably work
nice on any situation...

e.g.

--
juan antonio navarro perez